Sunday 2 March 2014

Monthly Recap: So...what happened in February? #recap


Instead of doing a "Random Sunday" post I decided to just put it in here because I was planning to do a recap anyway. :D As I said last month, I've decided that I'm going to start doing recap posts every month. I'm going to keep it pretty simple and stick to the stuff that I found exciting, what I read, and what I've been kind of obsessed with over the month...so this is what I've done in February! :D

What I did this month:

My month wasn't too crazy. :P I had class, worked, and got a week off for Reading Week, where I pretty much just slept, read, and relaxed. It was just what I needed after the crazy hectic week I had right before my week off. 

The biggest thing I've really done this month is that last week I introduced a bunch of new posts to my blog! 

Here's a recap of the new posts: 

What I read this month:

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
Trust in Me (Wait for You #1.5) by J. Lynn (a.k.a. Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Solving for Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
Love & Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Witches by Roald Dahl

So, I ended up reading the same amount that I read last month, and since February was a short month, that's not bad at all! I'm still apparently 6 books behind on my Goodreads challenge though. :P

What I watched this month:

- rewatched Catching Fire with my good friend, Alisa, and it was even better the second time! I can't wait to get my copy when it releases in a couple of weeks!! D
- watched Austenland with Keri Russel, and it was so adorable! I loved it!
- I didn't watch a whole lot of TV though because most shows weren't on with the Olympics, and I honestly didn't watch a lot of the Olympics either because it started during the week when I had a tonne of assignments...and once you miss the opening, you never really get into the hang of watching it. I did watch some though. :)



And that's all I really did this month! It went soooooo fast! 

Here's hoping March is awesome...and that's it's warmer than February was! It's not off to a good start here in Edmonton...right now it's -24 degrees Celsius outside...and apparently it feels like -36, so it's pretty cold! Hopefully, you're much warmer wherever you are!

And what did you do in February?
Anything exciting or did you have a pretty mellow month like I did?

4 comments:

  1. honestly, february sucked. but high hopes for march! my reading was better in feb, but still behind as well, hopefully march helps me catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a letdown for me, too, since I had a whole week off and didn't read as much as I wanted, but I did feel well rested after my break at least. :) You did read a lot more this month! Fingers crossed! Maybe we can both push forward! :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good February to me! You know, besides the awful cold. Brrr! It's cold in Toronto as well, but not THAT cold. Reading Week always seems to come at a time you need it most, so I'm glad it was restful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good...haha...yup, minus the cold! :P Lucky you! Here's hoping it warms up for both of us soon though! It usually does that's for sure! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with it though because I hate how assignments and midterms always seem to be staggered around it. :P

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D