Tuesday 11 March 2014

Review: Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard #3) by Christina Lauren

 Source: Purchased a copy for my Kobo library.
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: Already Released
Number of Pages: 432 (Paperback)


Description from Goodreads:
A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.

When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?

Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.

I've been hooked on the Beautiful Bastard series since I read Beautiful Bastard! I loved the sequel, Beautiful Stranger...and surprise, surprise (but not really :P), I loved Beautiful Player, too! :D Actually, I didn't just love Beautiful Player...I abso-freaking-lutely LOVED it! I didn't want to stop reading it at all! I pretty much read nonstop as soon as my pre-order downloaded to my Kobo the day that it came out and was in a major reading bubble that whole day....so worth it! This book was wonderful and Hanna and Will were fantastic main characters! I loved every single moment of it! :D 

I've loved all three Beautiful Bastard books, but I have to admit that parts of this book make me want to say that this one was my favourite (shhh don't tell Beautiful Bastard and Beautiful Stranger :P)! I loved that Hanna was a bit dorky and nerdy...I could completely relate to her! I also really loved Will! He was a player, but he was so much more than that. He was really intelligent, hilarious, and seriously sexy...I also loved that pretty much as soon as he and Hanna started hanging out, even as friends, he stopped being a player. ;P

The romance in Beautiful Player was fantastic, and I really adored Will and Hanna together! They had amazing banter, and I loved that we got to see their friendship develop before their relationship became romantic. Not only was their friendship fantastic, but it was also such a big difference from both Chloe and Bennett's, and Max and Sarah's relationships, and when it comes to a series like this, where the narrators change, it's always nice to see contrast between the couples! :) I also love that we get to see the previous characters in each of these books! I never get sick of reading more about them all! :D

Overall, I loved Beautiful Player! It was funny, sexy, and Hanna and Will were amazing, both together and apart! I devoured this one in one day, and I definitely plan to read it again in the future! :D I'd recommend Beautiful Player and the Beautiful Bastard series to readers who love funny, sexy contemporary romances! 

I've actually been saving the novellas in the Beautiful Bastard series, so I'm thinking that soon I'm going to have to read them so that I can get my Christina Lauren fix until their newest release, Sweet Filthy Boy comes out! ;)

Does Beautiful Player sound like a book you'd like to read?
And have you started the Beautiful Bastard series yet?
Is anyone else a huge fan of Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings, the cowriters who make up Christina Lauren?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D