Sunday 3 March 2013

Stacking the Shelves (21)

Stacking the Shelves is Tynga's Reviews' version of In My Mailbox (from The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie).

Stacking the Shelves is a way to share the books that you're adding to your physical and virtual bookshelves. It's easy to participate. You just make your own post, and link it to the main post over at Tynga's Reviews. Also, in case you're curious, Tynga's post for it goes up on Saturdays, but you can post it any day that you like. :) You can find out more about participating by reading the Stacking the Shelves Launch post.

So, here's what I got this week!

For Review:

 Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Echols (Edelweiss)
 Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt (Edelweiss)

I seriously was so freaking excited when I was accepted on Edelweiss for these two!!! :D I absolutely love both Jennifer Echols and Lauren Barnholdt's books so I'm thrilled to get to review these! Now I just have to decide which to start first. ;)



Bought:

 Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White (Pre-Order/Book Depository)
 The Little Prince by
 Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano (Book Depository)
 Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Lauren DeStefano (Pre-Order/Book Depository)

I won a copy of Wither back when it first came out, so I finally caved and purchased Fever and Sever a few weeks ago, and they came! :D Now I'll have to finally read Wither! ;D My pre-order of Mind Games also came! I've seen so many mixed reviews over this one, but I really hope that I love it because it sounds amazing...fingers crossed I like it! And I ordered a copy of The Little Prince because I have somehow never read it...and I decided I needed it. :)



I'm also going to Mexico at the end of April and beginning of May now...so I'm going to try to limit my book spending, but I do have some awesome pre-orders coming in so it won't feel like I'm going totally cold-turkey with my book buying. :P haha

And what did you get this week?
Feel free to leave a link to your mailbox, StS, or book haul related post and I'll come check it out! ;D

10 comments:

  1. Great haul. Oh, I really want Right of Way, it looks fantastic, I'm heading to Edelweiss now. lol Mind Games looks good, but I've seen mixed reviews too. Can't wait to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing & happy reading.

    Katie ~ My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I know...I kind of got all giddy when it was on Edelweiss, and even more so when I was approved! ;D Ya, I'm hoping I like it! Fingers crossed! I'm going to go into it with an open mind, so hopefully that'll help. ;)

      Happy reading to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Great books! I liked Mind Games and can't wait for the sequel. The Little Prince was a favorite book of mine when I was younger. I read it to my little brother a number of times. I have read Wither and have the other two on my stack somewhere but can't fit them into my reading schedule for a while. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that!!! :D I've always wanted to read it, but just never have, so I'm looking forward to it now. :) Hopefully you can finish the trilogy soon. ;)

      Happy reading to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. I am really looking forward to Mind Games. Hope you enjoy them all.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me, too! :D Thanks again, I hope I do, too! ;D

      Delete
  4. Yay for Mexico! :)

    I haven't read any Jennifer Echols, but I really want to! I feel mediocre about the Lauren DeStefano series. It wasn't as good as it could have been, in my opinion.

    Enjoy your books, Ambur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely getting more an more excited about it even though it's still 2 month away! ;D haha

      I love her so much! I'd be happy to borrow you some of her books if you want to read them. :) Her stories are really real, which I just love! :D Awe, well hopefully I'll like it more than that, but you never know. :P At least they're pretty on the shelf I guess. :P

      Thanks, Kristilyn! :D

      Delete
  5. I have Sever in my TBR pile and I both want to get to it and am sad for the series to end! Right of Way also looks really cute. Happy Reading this week!

    Emily @ Falling For YA & Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, well hopefully once you read Sever you love how the trilogy ends. :)
      It does...I'm excited for it! :D Thanks! Happy reading to you, too!

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D