Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review: Auracle by Gina Rosati

 Source: Received an arc for an honest review from Raincoast Books.
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Release Date: Already released.
Number of Pages: 304 (Hardcover)

Blurb from Goodreads:
16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.
Ever since I first saw the cover and read the description for Auracle, I have been drooling over it! And I have to tell you, this is one book that lives up to it's fantastic description and gorgeous cover!

First, I absolutely LOVE how unique this story is! This is the first time I have ever read a book with astral projection in it and I loved it! It was described so beautifully, and I loved how many details we were told about how Anna feels when she's projecting! The hyper-reality of the world Anna experiences through her projection was so tempting and so surreal that it was hard not to wish you could astrally project yourself, too!

Along with the wonderful descriptions, this story was intense! It actually wasn't very long, and it's a standalone, but so much stuff happened. I didn't want to put this book down at all, and I didn't really. This was one of those reads that I read for as long as I could without stopping, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I loved the characters, Anna and Rei, and I loved the unknown element of the story. It was hard to know how everything was going to turn out, and I kind of liked that because I generally start to figure it all out pretty quickly. I enjoyed that not everything was super obvious and that I could pick out hints, but I could also wait and be surprised. :D

Overall, I thought that Auracle was an amazing story! It was full of vivid descriptions and was incredibly unique. It also held some mystery, and makes you wonder just how everything might work out in the end. Anna and Rei were also amazing main characters, and I loved their relationship. :D I'd recommend this one to fans of the paranormal, and anyone who likes one-of-a-kind stories told in wondrous ways. :D

What do you think?
Does Auracle sound like something you want to read...and what about that cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D