Monday 23 May 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (28)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links from book titles go to Goodreads. :)


Books I Read Last Week:
So, I finished this one this week! And I'm so glad I did, it was hilarious! If you're a fan of funny books, you should definitely look into this one. :D
I thought The Advice Girl was a great story, it was a bit rushed, but other than that I really enjoyed it. I'm working on the review for it right now. :)
I really loved Kody Keplinger's first book, The DUFF, and I loved Shut Out too! Shut Out was based loosely off of a Greek Comedy called Lysistrata  by Aristophanes, which I definitely want to check out now because it sounds pretty great, especially since it inspired Shut Out, which was amazing! I'll also be working on the review for this one, but I'm gonna hold off on posting it until the release is a bit closer I think. :)
I really liked this one! I've always been a sucker for Romeo and Juliet and the vampire twist on it was awesome! Since it's based off of Romeo and Juliet I expected it to be a little predictable, but it definitely took me by surprise! :D
This was another funny story that I read this week. Usually stories have heroes, well this story had a villain. ;) I really enjoyed it! I'll be working on the review for this one too. :)


  • Happy Birthday To Me by Brian Rowe



  • I absolutely loved Happy Birthday To Me, it was funny and it was also emotional, which I love. :)


    Reading Now:
    I am loving Fanfare so far! It's amazing! I really like Renee's writing style, and the idea of this story is fantastic...the character of Thomas/Tom totally reminds me of Robert Pattinson. :P lol

      Books I Want to Read This Week:

       
      I didn't really get to this one this week, but I'm going to definitely get to it this week. :)
       This is another one I got for review, and I'm looking forward to it too. :)
       Yet again it's another one that I'm looking forward too. :D

      I've also got a concert this week, and I plan on doing some job hunting. Hopefully, I'll actually have time for all of this reading. :D

      And what are you reading???
      Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what other people are reading. :)

      Happy Reading!!!

      ♪♫ Ambur

      2 comments:

      1. I totally want to read Abandon and it keeps getting pushed back. I need to just open it up and start it! =)

        ReplyDelete
      2. I usually shy away from any classics turned into vamps, zombies or slayers but I have to say R&J makes me very curious~

        My Post

        ReplyDelete

      Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D