Monday 31 October 2011

In My Mailbox (16) and It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (51)

So, I'm choosing to combine my IMM and Monday posts today, I just didn't really feel like doing two separate ones, so hopefully this works. :P lol

In My Mailbox at The Story Siren

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, and inspired by her friend, Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a way to share the books that you've received over the past week. They could come from the bookstore, the library, a friend, your mailbox or wherever. It gives us all a chance to showcase the books that we've gotten, and maybe give others an idea for the book they want to read or buy next. :)


The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (bought)
Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu (bought)
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa (bought)
The Inferior by Peadar Ó Guilín (Library)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (from Scholastic Canada for review)
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick x 2 (bought and won a copy from Simon and Schuster Canada)
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (from Simon and Schuster Canada)

Thanks to Scholastic Canada, and Simon and Schuster Canada! :D I totally bought a copy of Silence online a couple of weeks ago...only to have it show up at the same time as the copy I didn't know I'd won...oh well, I guess I know one of the things I'm giving my friend for Christmas...shhhh don't tell! And some of you might have noticed that Clockwork Prince has been in my IMM before, this is the second copy I've gotten, not sure how that happened, but I'm sending this one to my friend Steph because I want someone else to get the chance to read it before it's released. :)
So overall, I'm thrilled with my mailbox this week, I've started Silence, and I can't wait to read The Scorpio Races! Seriously if anyone from Scholastic Canada reads this...I love you for sending me this book! :D Anyway, that's my mailbox, how about yours? Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to check yours out...and stayed tuned for my Monday post...right after this break.




haha did you like my cheesy joke up there about a break?...get it, a page break...anyway, moving on. :P

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books I Read Last Week:
Yup, I got through another Sarah Dessen book this week, and I loved this one...one word, Wes....sorry I totally just "sa-wooned" haha This is definitely one of my favourites out of Dessen's books so far, although I've yet to read one that I didn't like. :P I wasn't sure about this one at first, but the further I got into the story, the more I loved it! I definitely encourage everybody to check this one out! :D

Reading Now:
I read an excerpt of this one about a month ago, and ever since I have been so anxious to read it! So, now I am...and I'm definitely enjoying it. And I'm still totally in love with this cover...it's so gorgeous...and so is the cover model. ;) Anyway, definitely excited to get to read this one a bit during the week. Probably won't be a lot though because of school, but I'll try before bed. :)

This one's for my Canadian Lit class, and I've only read a tiny bit, but it seems like it's going to be an interesting story, and definitely clearer to understand than The Double Hook. ;) haha


Books I Want to Read This Week:

....really not sure. I'm leaving this week open, don't want to disappoint myself. :P

And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what other people are reading. :)

Happy Reading and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

♪♫ Ambur

7 comments:

  1. YAY your post posted on time and I can go to bed at a decent hour :P

    Also surprise happy books are wonderful, I got Scorpio Races too but I haven't read anything by Maggie before, so maybe this is a good place to start? The book itself is gorgeous!

    I'm glad to hear your current book is easier to understand than the double hook, hopefully you end up enjoying it! I know the feeling about not wanting to be disappointed reading-wise, I have no idea how I am going to get any done this week, but I do have like 8 hours of travel on Saturday probably so it might happen then? Although I tend to sleep through the majority of it...

    ah well happy halloween and happy reading Ambur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I totally appreciated your bad page break joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe - it's nice to win a prize, isn't it?

    Here's my It's Monday! post:

    http://notjustreading.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mailbox-monday-23/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zoë: Woo hoo for scheduling actually working! :D haha

    I think Scorpio Races would be a good place to start. I haven't read her Faerie series yet, but I did read the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, and I loved it, and from the excerpts I've read, Scorpio Races sounds awesome :D It is gorgeous! :D

    Awe, well I hope you manage to get some reading in this week, and that all your stuff for school go well! :D

    Happy Halloween, Happy Reading...and Happy Birthday to you, Zoë! :D And thanks, I'm glad someone appreciated it! ;D haha

    @notjustreading: It sure is! :D Thanks, I'll check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Truth About Forever is one of my favorite books, I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

    My list: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-7_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for the lengthy comment you left for me :) Just checked out your wand on Pottermore. I'm sure if you had a physical copy of it, you could maybe sand it a bit so that you wouldn't have to be afraid of getting any splinters? Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! The Scorpio Races really intrigues me.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D