Monday 10 January 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (9)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

Books I Read Last Week:
  • Zombie Blondes by Brian James
I finally finished this one! Yay! :D This book was alright, but I think I was expecting a lot more. It took me forever to get into this book, but I really did enjoy the last half. For such a short book it didn't leave me as satisified as I thought it would. If you really like zombies and conspiracy theories, this is the book for you.
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
I bought this book months ago, but I keep getting books from the library so it was pushed to the side, and I wanted to read the books I got for Christmas right away too...but I finally read this one, and I loved it! I've read lots of mixed opinions about Hush, Hush and Crescendo, but I personally really like this series, and I thought Crescendo was wonderful. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked that. It kept me on my toes, and I was predicting things that would happen later in the books, and I loved it! I also loved Nora in this book! She goes through so much, and it's like you can see her character growing as you read the book. :)
  • Chosen By Desire by Kate Perry
This one just came in from the Book Depository and I devoured it! I loved Max...so hot *drool* Kate writes some amazingly sexy male characters. I also loved Carrie in this one, she was an awesome character in Gabe's story too, but in this one we got to see even more of her. This book was hot, sexy, intense, mysterious, and even sweet at times. I loved this one. :D
  • The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
You can read my review for The Mind Readers HERE. If you don't want to read that though, I'll just tell you that I thought this was an amazing story. It was full of action, it had some romance, and it was as intense as an elephant sneezing...yes, really! It was that intense! lol
  • Counterfeit Magic by Kelley Armstrong
This is a limited edition novella by Kelley Armstrong. I ordered my copy months ago and it came in this past week, so I just had to read it. There are two versions of this novella, so there are two covers, and there was even artwork within the book too, which was awesome! I loved this novella, Kelley did an amazing job. I loved this novella! :D

  • Tempted By Fate by Kate Perry
I am seriously in love with this series. I just love the whole idea of the Guardians of Destiny and they have some steamy chemistry!  Tempted by Fate introduced the Guardian of the Book of Wood, and she was sassy. I loved that Ramirez got a lady finally, and that we got to see some steamy bits between Carrie and Max, and Rhys and Gabrielle (Gabe) too. Tempted by Fate was awesome. :D
Reading Now:
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
I just started this one, and it's pretty good so far. I'm not a big fan of the lack of punctuation every second chapter, but I understand that it was a way to differentiate which Will Grayson is narrating...I would've preferred a different text, but I'm getting used to it, so I think it won't bug me too much. :P
  • One Land, One King by Y.S. Hassan
Yup...still reading this one. Not much else to say, I've read maybe a page since last week to be honest.

Books I Want to Read This Week:
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
I haven't actually picked up this book yet, but I need to read the first 8 chapters for class by Wednesday, so I put it on here so you guys can make sure I do my homework. :P

So, what are you all reading?? :)
Feel free to check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what everyone else is reading. :)


Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my, the cover of Zombie Blondes makes me think of a creepy Barbie doll! LOL

    All of your books look intriguing.

    Here's my Monday:

    (click on my name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crescendo is on my list to read soon! Enjoy all these fantastic books you listed here! I am drooling over some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) I've seen on goodreads your event about a giveaway later this month so i've just discovered your blog i'm a new follower !

    You've read good books this week ! Last week i've jessica's guide on dating the dark side by beth fantaskey, hex hall by rachel hawkins and perfect chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Now i'm reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher and I also want to read this week Crescendo :).

    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel-Rain Snow: I think they might've been going for that lol they pretty much were creepy barbie dolls lol

    Sheila: Hope you like Crescendo :D I will, I'm lucky to have em all lol

    Marie: Awe thanks for being my follower, I'm glad you're here :) it's on Friday, I've got it scheduled to post ;)
    Oh I wanna read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, and Hex Hall, both look amazing. :) I've already read Perfect Chemistry and Stolen and Crescendo...you've definitely got some awesome books going on this week too ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great week. Lots of interesting looking books!
    I have to check into Crescendo, and I too like Kate Perry.
    I hope this week is good too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D