Monday 3 January 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (8)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

Books I Read Last Week:  
  • Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
This one was Savannah's first book as narrator and I definitely liked it. The beginning was a little slow to me, but I'm pretty sure that was because I read the prologue and first couple of chapters on Kelley's website so I was rereading it, but I didn't want to skip it. :P I got caught up in the Otherworld once again, and I can't wait until Spellbound! :D
  • Night Star by Alyson Noel
The last couple books in this series have been kind of a downer for me. I love Alyson's writing, but I'm not a big fan of how much stuff goes wrong in Ever and Damen's lives. Night Star was a shining beacon of hope for me. Things were starting to look up even though everything was still pretty messed, and I can't wait for Everlasting to see how it all gets settled because it's the last book in the series.
  • Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer
I was worried before reading this one because I honestly can't remember much of the other books in the series anymore, but it didn't actually bother me once I started reading. I really liked this one. I'm a big fan of all the fairy magic in the Artemis Fowl books, and I love the action. It's a smart series, and the fact that it's targeted for a younger audience makes it that much more awesome. :)

  • Torment by Lauren Kate
Torment was amazing, but I won't lie, it totally messes with your head. Poor Luce is so confused and by proxy the reader is left doubting everything just like she is. I can't wait for Passion to come out now, and to maybe have a couple of Luce's (and my own) questions finally answered.

Reading Now:

I'm still reading Zombie Blondes and One Land, One King. I'm hoping to finally finish them this week. :P


Books I Want to Read This Week:
  • The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
I put this in an earlier post as one that I wanted to read, but now I'm going to actually read it. :P Last time I didn't feel like reading a story on my laptop, this time I'm determined! haha :)
I'm not sure about any other books that I might read yet though. I think I might just try and finally finish all of the books I've started in the last several months.

Now I'm all curious, what are you reading???
Feel free to check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what the other meme participants are reading. :)
Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D