Friday 7 January 2011

Review: The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

(Click HERE to go to The Mind Readers' Goodreads Page.)

Ok, let me start this review by being honest. I have honestly had a huge thing for mind readers ever since Twilight...there I admitted it! That being said, this book was absolutely nothing like Twilight, so if the mind reader comment about Twilight has put any big non-Twilight fans off from reading this book, just ignore that I said it because you'll be missing out on an amazing story.

I loved this story. It was unique, and had me completely enthralled. Right from the beginning, and the title too, you know that people in this story can read minds. I loved the beginning of this book, it was a fantastic way to introduce Cam's ability, and also to introduce Cam's character. We learn about her relationship with her grandma and very shortly after that, we learn about her friendships.

The main character, Cameron or Cam, was easy to relate too, even though she can read minds and I most definitely can not. I think that teenage girls especially will be able to relate to Cam, she spends most of her time trying to fit in, despite the fact that she can't actually stand most of her friends. She also struggles to uncover what the truth is rather than just accepting what people tell her. She shows incredible strength, and I admired her as a character. I think she's one of the strongest heroines that I've read in a long time, and Lori did a fantastic job developing her character.

I don't like to put spoilers in my reviews because I want you to read it and experience it for yourself, so I'm gonna try to not spoil anything...but if I do, I'm sorry. The action in this book was intense and incredible...and you even get a taste of romance, although it's fairly bittersweet. This book had my heart a fluttering for Lewis, Cam's love interest, and it had me on toes the entire time. I was constantly trying to guess what would happen next, and by the end I was stunned. This book was awesome, I thought it was a wonderful paranormal story, and at times it reminded me of The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting because Cam and Violet are both struggling to keep their abilities secret, but are also desperate to help others in any way they can. The Mind Readers was an emotional, mental ride, and it left my mind blown away. I'm hoping for a sequel personally. Fingers crossed that there is more to come.

If you're interested in reading The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton, you can purchase an ebook or kindle edition at these links: Smashwords, Amazon

*I was given a copy of the ebook by the author, Lori Brighton. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.

Have you already read The Mind Readers or even if you haven't, what are your thoughts?

Happy Reading!

♪♫ Ambur

1 comment:

  1. I have this book waiting for me on my Nook :)

    You have a wonderful blog and I'm letting you know with an award.

    *Hugs*  Accept here...

    I'm so sorry if you do not accept awards....

    Mad ScientistSteampunkery & Book Reviews
    Forbidden Steam
    Where the Mad Scientist can be found behind the bed chamber doors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D