Monday 17 January 2011

Review: The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton



I have read this book twice for school, and I loved it both times, so recently I caved and bought myself a copy. :)

This book is amazing. The characters are so real, and they go through so much in such a short period of time. Their lives change drastically, but they always stay gold. ;)

I loved how the characters get introduced, and how you grow to know each of them. Their struggles and their connections with one another. And their names, I absolutely love their names. Sodapop. Ponyboy. Two-bit. The names just add a special touch of awesome to this book, and they're so unique. :)

If you're not sure about reading this book, the movie's fantastic too, probably one of the best book-to-movie transistions that I've ever seen. The cast was amazing, both in their performances and in their likeness to the book's characters, it was almost as if the movie came right off of the pages of the book.

This book is intense and makes you feel, both of which are things that I love in a book. It is definitely a fantastic read, and if you're considering reading it, go for it, it's worth every second. :)
 
I'm sure I'm not the only one who read this for school, so many of you have probably already read it, what did you think? And if you haven't read it, have you heard of it before?
 
Happy Reading!!!
 
♪♫ Ambur

3 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I saw the movie right after reading the book, which was pretty fun. But I think I liked the documentary about the casting more than the movie itself. It was like one of those fantasy "Whom would you cast . . . ?" things, with an actual movie to show for it at the end. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this book! My mom was a badass when she was in grade 8, and she stole this book from her classroom because she loved it so much. That is the copy I have :) This book is so unbelievably real. It was one of the first books at the time it was published to paint a realistic portrait of the lives of teenagers, and I'm so grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Becca C. - That's awesome! That book is a keeper haha
    That's so true, I'm pretty gratefl for it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D