Thursday 2 June 2011

Review: My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond

Source: Provided with review copy by author for an honest review.
Publisher: Dream Books LLC
Release Date: Already Released.

While lots of books focus on telling the story of a hero, My Sparkling Misfortune is the story of a villain, or at least he wants everyone to think he's a villain. I, along with Tulip or as Arkus calls him Jarvi, have my suspicions that he's not nearly as evil as he claims or tries to be. Deep down he's most definitely a hero at heart. :)

This book was hilarious. From Tulip/Jarvi's crazy shenanigans to try and make Arkus realize that he was a hero and not a villain, to Arkus' thoughts and comments about everything around him this book had me constantly laughing. Even the names made me laugh, especially Tulip. :P

Along with Arkus and Tulip, there is wannabe-hero Prince Kellemar, who desperately wanted everyone to see him as a hero, unfortunately for him, he lacked most of the qualities required to be a hero, like courage, integrity and intelligence. During the book we don't actually get to see much of Arkus being a villain, but from his recollections, he does sound like he was quite the dastardly bad guy. That being said, throughout My Sparkling Misfortune he doesn't really transform into a hero, it's as if the propensity to be a hero was always there, and he's finally letting it out...although for the most part  he seems to be doing it by accident or to keep others from being a better villain than himself.

Tulip or Jarvi, I'm going to call him Tulip though, was one of my favourite parts of this book. He's a Sparkling, which I'm assuming is why the book is titled My "Sparkling" Misfortune. :D He was awesome, and I kind of wish I had a Sparkling for a pal, not so much for the wishes, but because he was always so cheerful! I just love cheerful people or characters. :D

This book will have you laughing, it will have you smiling, and it will have you cheering for the bad guy! It's definitely a story worth checking out! I really enjoyed reading My Sparkling Misfortune and I recommend it to anyone who likes to cheer for the underdog, but don't let Arkus know that I considered him an underdog. :P

You can get a copy from: Amazon Kindle, Amazon (Paperback), Barnes and Noble Nook, Barnes and Noble (Paperback), or Smashwords.

What do you guys think?
Do you like villains, heroes, or crazy side-kicks that literally sparkle?
Does this sound like a story you'd like to read?

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D