Monday 24 January 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (11)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. 

Books I Read Last Week:
I absolutely loved Graceling! I had heard amazing things about this series, and I wasn't disappointed. The characters were remarkably developed and had some amazing personalities. I loved the interaction, the action, the romance, and the mystery of this book! I've got Fire on hold at the library...but it might be a while, I think I'm like 20th in line or something. I fully recommend this book, and hopefully you'll love it as much as I did. :)
 This book was fresh, funny, and I really liked it. Sophie's an awesome character, with insecurities that you can't help loving her for. The premise for this book was pretty fun too, a boarding school for delinquent prodigium (witches, fairies, werewolves/shifters, etc.), and it was definitely as fun and hilarious as I imagined it would be. :)
 This book made me realize how much I missed reading middle grade books. I used to read books like Abby Hayes, and I have most of the books, but I kind of stopped after a while...this books totally makes me want to start them all again. It was action-packed, sweet, and hilarious...I must admit I kind of missed fart and booger jokes. :P
 I loved the premise for this book. Society runs out of fuel...duh dun dun...and I thought it was an okay read, but I wasn't a big fan of one of the narrators and it kind of kept me from liking the book too much. There were three narrators, Gwen, Tom and Niki, they're all go to the same school, and this story kind of just follows them. Niki was the one I didn't like, but I absolutely loved Gwen, and I liked Tom too...just not Niki :P I also was expecting this book to be more of a worldwide thing, and instead it focused on the US, so that kind of disappointed me. It's definitely a story that makes you think though.
Oh how I love the Blue Blood series! Bloody Valentine had three short stories in it. I only thought it was going to be one, so I was pleasantly surprised. :D I loved the stories, one was about Oliver, one was about Allegra van Alen (Schulyer's mom), and the last was about Schulyer and Jack. The short stories were awesome, and I felt like I was reading some secret knowledge about the series, kind of like when I read the Keys to the Depository book from this series. :)
I won the DUFF from Reading Teen's Secondhand Saturday, and I devoured it! I absolutely loved the DUFF! I absolutely loved Wesley, I can definitely see why everyone else loves him so much now. haha And Bianca was extremely easy to relate to. I'm not cynical and pessimistic like she is, or at least not nearly as much, but I could still easily relate to her doubts, her pain, and her past. We've all gone through hard times before, and I'm sure we've all felt like the DUFF. Her story was incredibly inspiring, in fact, I think this book was a better self-help story than the one that her mother wrote in the book. ;)



Reading Now:
I've been so excited to read this one. I wanted to wait until I had time to enjoy it, but I couldn't wait, so I think I'll read this when I have time off from Great Expectations. ;)
 I have to read a big chunk of this one for class on Wednesday, so I'll probably be reading this nonstop for the next couple of days. I actually like it so far, so it shouldn't be too bad. :)



Books I Want to Read This Week:
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead (Anthology) (Goodreads Page)
  I received this last week from EDGE publishers in Calgary, Alberta, and I'm pretty excited to start it. I'm a sucker for vampire stories, although not as much as I used to be, but I'm still pretty excited. Kelley Armstrong has a story in this anthology which makes me even more excited! :D
 I've been wanting to read Fairy Tale for a while, and it came from the library this week, so I'll dig into it if I finish all the others. :P
 Another library book, and another one that I'm super excited to start! This book sounds super intense. Hopefully I'll at least have time over the weekend to read it. :D

And what are you reading???
Any awesome books that you'd love to share???
Feel free to check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what everyone else is reading. :)


Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

8 comments:

  1. I love that you received a book from Calgary!
    I added The girl in the Arena and Fairy Tale to my to read list. They both sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great reading week. I can't wait to read Bloody Valentine and I'm thrilled to hear you really liked it. Hex Hall and Girl in the Arena are also on my want-to-read list.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Graceling and Hex Hall. I can't wait for Bitterblue and Demonglass to come out. I'd really like to read the DUFF sometime soon. Happy reading!
    What I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could NOT find Girl in the Arena at the library! I was so frustrated cause I have really been wanting to read it! I finally broke down and went to Borders this weekend with a coupon and bought it! $6 yay! Can't wait for your review! I'm about to read Graceling as well. I've heard so many great things about it!

    Tara @ TamingTheBookshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the Exception of Great Expectations (brilliant book) I have not heard of any of these. I adore the cover to Bloody Valentine. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Graceling, too. And Great Expectations! I haven't heard of Hex Hall, but that sounds really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you liked THE DUFF! Graceling is one of my favorite books ever! I love it so much. I actually read it twice, which I never do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all these amazing reads! I loved Hex hall too! Isnt there another book coming out by this author?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D