Monday 12 August 2019

[Review] MEET CUTE by Helena Hunting

Source: Received a sample copy through Hachette Book Group Canada for #SuperSexyBookClub
Publisher: Forever
Release Date: April 9, 2019
Number of Pages: 384 (Paperback)

DESCRIPTION

Talk about an embarrassing introduction. On her first day of law school, Kailyn ran - quite literally - into the actor she crushed on as a teenager, ending with him sprawled on top of her. Mortified to discover the Daxton Hughes was also a student in her class, her embarrassment over their meet-cute quickly turned into a friendship she never expected. Of course, she never saw his betrayal coming either...

Now, eight years later, Dax is in her office asking for legal advice. Despite her anger, Kailyn can't help feeling sorry for the devastated man who just became sole guardian to his thirteen-year-old sister. But when her boss gets wind of Kailyn's new celebrity client, there's even more at stake than Dax's custody issues: if she gets Dax to work at their firm, she'll be promoted to partner.

The more time Kailyn spends with Dax and his sister, the more she starts to feel like a family, and the more she realizes the chemistry they had all those years ago is as fresh as ever. But will they be able to forgive the mistakes of the past, or will one betrayal lead to another?


G E T   Y O U R   C O P Y   N O W !
Amazon US | Amazon Canada | Indigo | B&N


REVIEW

First Impressions...

I absolutely loved MEET CUTE! It was sweet, funny, sexy, and also soooooo heart-wrenching! It had me feeling all the feels and I loved every minute of it! Kailyn and Daxton were amazing! I loved their chemistry, their banter, and I loved seeing their relationship evolve!!! I’ve yet to meet a Helena Hunting book that I didn’t love, so I’m not surprised that this one was a bit hit! It was an absolute pleasure to read and I highly recommend it to rom com fans, especially if you like your rom coms a bit heavier with a whole lot of heart!


This Book In 5 Words:

Sexy. Fun. Emotional. Daddylicious. Amazing.

What Did I Like: 

- EVERYTHING!!! This was easily one of my favourite books this year already...so much to love!

- Kailyn and Dax. I absolutely loved both of them as individuals, and I absolutely ADORED them together! Their chemistry and banter were fabulous, and seeing their relationship grow was amazing! I loved their utterly adorable meet cute and I loved seeing their relationship transition from hate to love...truly, I loved every moment of it!

- Dax and Emme's relationship! I'm a sucker for a good single dad trope, and this one was really interesting! Seeing Dax do everything that he could for Emme was wonderful. He may not have been her actual dad, but seeing him be the best big brother and father figure he could be was soooo good!

- The writing, and the story! I'm a huge Helena Hunting fan, so I loved the writing as I always do with her books, and I also just loved this story! I loved how it had light, romantic, and funny parts, but I also loved that it had some very serious elements and that it brought all of those things together into the same story. While the premise of this story is pretty unlikely, I still thoroughly enjoyed getting to see it all unfold!

What Didn't I Like:

- Honestly, nothing. I absolutely adored this book! I already knew the premise of MEET CUTE, so I went into it expecting it have heavy moments mixed in with all the funny bits so it was exactly what I wanted and hoped for...especially Dax, I loved him so freaking much. *heart eyes*

Star Rating:

★★★★★

Read If You Like:

Stories that mix both light-hearted moments and heavy ones. MEET CUTE is hilarious, but it's also packed full of super emotional moments that might just leave you in tears.

Overall, I absolutely loved MEET CUTE! It balanced sweet, sexy and fun moments with some emotionally heartrending ones. I also loved that it included some teen heartthrob fangirl elements along with a surrogate single dad trope...sooo many things to love!!! Highly recommend!!!




So, I'm clearly a sucker for the hate-to-love trope...and I also have a thing for single dads. I read this with my book club, and they all said that as they were reading it they knew that I was loving it because it was EXACTLY up my alley. haha

What are some of the tropes you find irresistible?
And does MEET CUTE sound like something you'd enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D