Monday 5 August 2019

[Review] A PIZZA MY HEART (Slice Series, #1) by Teagan Hunter

Source: Received an eARC to give an honest review.
Release Date: June 19, 2019
Number of Pages: 256 (Paperback)

DESCRIPTION

Most people would probably be embarrassed to land themselves back in their hometown and working at a pizzeria after an ugly divorce.

Not me.

It’s home, and I have one last shot to make Wren Daniels see me as more than just her brother’s best friend.

When the opportunity to show her what’s been right in front of her this whole time presents itself, I take it, holding nothing back this time.

Wren thinks we’re pretending, but there’s nothing fake about the way I feel.

After all, she’s always had…a pizza my heart.
G E T   Y O U R   C O P Y   N O W !


REVIEW

First Impressions...

Awww, well this was an absolute delight!!! This was my first Teagan Hunter book, and it definitely won't be my last. The characters were fun, and the story was quick and super, duper cute! I loved all of the banter, the silly jokes between the two characters, and I loved all of the side characters, too!

Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a lighthearted and sweet rom-com. :)


This Book In 5 Words:

Fun. Flirty. Adorable. Sweet. Silly.

What Did I Like: 

- The characters! I loved Wren and Hunter! I loved them as friends, and I loved them as more. I really enjoyed getting to see snippets into their past, especially since we got to see it from both of their POVs...it was so interesting! I also really loved all of the side characters and I'm seriously excited to see where this series is headed next. ;)

- The writing and all the jokes. I loved how engaging Teagan's writing was--it was quick and kept me hooked, and the all of the jokes felt so organic to the story. It made me feel like I was on the inside of all of the inside jokes between the characters--so fun!

- The story and the romance. I love rom-coms. I love puns...and I loved how everything fit together in this book! It was such a lighthearted, fun read and was exactly what I'd hoped for it to be!

What Didn't I Like:

- Nothing big. It was a bit rushed once the characters got together, but I still really enjoyed it and that didn't take away from my love at all. :)

Star Rating:

★★★★★

Read If You Like:

Rom-coms that feature goofy puns, and some classic tropes (so many good ones here: friends-to-lovers, brother's best friend, second chance)!

Overall, I absolutely loved A PIZZA MY HEART! It may have been my first book by Teagan Hunter, but I definitely plan to go back and read as many of her other books as I can! Highly recommend this to all rom-coms lovers, especially if you're a fan of puns! ;)



Have you ever read any of Teagan Hunter's books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D