Wednesday 3 July 2013

Review: When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (Goblin Wars #3) by Kersten Hamilton

Source: Received an ARC from Thomas Allen and Sons for an honest review.
Publisher: Clarion Books
Release Date: August 6, 2013
Number of Pages: 400 pages (Hardcover)


Description from Goodreads:
“People will die.”

Locked doors are opening, and uncanny creatures are tumbling through mysterious portals from Mag Mell, the world-between-worlds, into the streets of Chicago. The Dark Man has marked Aiden with a new song that’s scared him badly, and a frightening new group of sĂ­dhe is lurking nearby.


Teagan knows this is war, and she must protect her family. She leaves her flesh and bones behind to join Finn in hunting the evil beings across the city. Meanwhile, their relationship is heating up—almost faster than they can control. But he is still bound to fight goblins his entire life . . . and by blood she is one of them now.


Then the gateway to Mag Mell cracks open again, and the Wylltsons find themselves caught in a trap. As her loved ones begin to die, Teagan realizes that she must destroy the Dark Man and his minions once and for all in order to save those who remain . . .

. . . before it is too late.
Oh boy!!!! I absolutely loved the first two books in this trilogy, and When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears does not disappoint as a conclusion! This book completely blew me away. I expected to love it, and I did, but I did not expect all of the things that happened in this book. I tend to predict a lot of things as I'm reading, but Kersten Hamilton ALWAYS keeps me on my toes, and I LOVE that! I also love Finn...just had to get that out there. :P

I'm not going to go into too much detail because this is the final book in a trilogy, but I will tell you a bit about it. We see Teagan come into herself even more in this book, and she kicks some serious butt. We also see Finn be awesome as always, and the rest of the fabulous characters also play their parts. Overall, this trilogy is one of my favourites and I wholeheartedly recommend it to absolutely everyone. This trilogy is completely amazing, and all three books were fantastic on their own, but together they create one amazing trio of books. They will have you laughing, crying, and they'll have you grinning like a giddy school-girl.

The Goblin Wars trilogy is amazing. It's unique, and frankly it covers some of the paranormal that I've never even dreamed about before...after all, it's not often that you read stories about goblins...or at least I hadn't before this trilogy and I haven't since. These books are refreshing, they're heartwarming, and they're all-around awesome. Seriously, if you haven't started them yet, you need to because you will love these books, and you will simply adore the characters. I don't think I'll ever forget Tea, Finn, Aiden, or any of the others...and I definitely won't forget about the magic of Mag Mell.

I recommend this to anyone who likes paranormal books that are different, and especially if you like intricate folklore and worlds that fit seamlessly into our own...this trilogy is similar to Cassandra Clare's in that way. Just as the Shadow-world fits into our own, so does the world that the goblins and other beings come from in the Goblin Wars trilogy. :D Also...if you like hot YA dudes and adorable romances, I think you'll enjoy Finn and his relationship with Tea...they're fantastic together. :D

Add the Goblin Wars to your Goodreads to-read list:
  1. Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars #1)
  2. In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars #2)
  3. When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (Goblin Wars #3)
Well...I got a bit fangirly there, but what can I say! I totally love these books, and I hope that some of you get the chance to read them because they're amazing! The titles of the books also all come from William Blake's poem "The Tyger"...it's pretty neat actually, and the poem pops up throughout the trilogy. Here's a link to the poem online if you'd like to read it: "The Tyger" by William Blake.

I also just have to say, I'm super smitten with these covers, too! They're gorgeous!
Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars, #1)In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2)When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3)

So...what do you think?
Have you read any of the Goblin Wars books yet?
Do you want to?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this series, but it definitely sounds like something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes!!! :D You definitely should check it out...I honestly cannot gush about this trilogy enough! It's one of my favourites, and it definitely doesn't get enough love. :) I hope you get the chance to read it, and that you love it, too! :D

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D