Tuesday 2 July 2013

Review: Rise of the Magic (Lila Gray #3) by Jocelyn Adams

 Source: Received an ebook from publisher for an honest review.
Release Date: Already Released!
Visit its page on the publisher website: RISE OF THE MAGI

Description:
In a battle of wills, who is strongest? The one who hates or the one who loves?

In a test of faith, who will fight the hardest? The one who has everything to lose or the one who believes only in herself?

For Lila Gray, the answer is both. For the Magi, the questions are pointless since they can’t lose, and they’ve been waiting since before Lila’s birth for this one moment. Lila only needs to find them to understand her entire purpose in life. This time, though, instead of protecting her people, Lila may be leading them all, including her unborn child and the man she loves, to their deaths — and not by accident.

In the ultimate trial of heart and soul, and the conclusion to the Lila Gray series, Lila will learn that the greatest weapon of war is herself, with one ultimate unknown. For which side will she fight?
Oh...wow! As soon as I finished the second book in this trilogy, Shadowborn, I knew that Rise of the Magi would be my favourite...and it definitely was! I loved every single moment of this book...and while I wanted to read it quickly...I didn't want it to end, so I made myself slow down while reading and I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed focusing so fully on the story!

Throughout this trilogy, Lila has gone through so much! She's faced super crazy villains, been forced to confront her inability to let people in...and so much more, and throughout it all, she has grown so much! I don't think I've ever been more proud of a character than I am of Lila! She used to be so closed off, and I have loved seeing her let people in, and seeing her accept change and help! Honestly, I love Lila so freaking much, and I was so happy to see her surrounded by so many people who loved her...it made me so happy! I also loved absolutely every moment that she had with Liam because I totally LOVE them together....*dreamy sigh* it also doesn't hurt that they have some of the steamiest chemistry ever. ;) haha

Seeing Lila grow has been one of my favourite parts of the Lila Gray trilogy, but I've also loved the action and the intricacies of the story! I love that all three books have their own conflict, but are also so interwoven within each other! Jocelyn Adams has done an amazing job with the whole plot and sub-plot dynamics within this trilogy, and it's been amazing seeing everything come together and having it all make sense as Lila discovers it on her own!

Rise of the Magi was fast-paced, but also full of some incredibly heartwarming scenes! Jocelyn Adams definitely "kept the action going" (as she discussed in a guest post on my blog just a few days ago ;D), and I loved it! I loved the way that the story kept me on my toes, and I loved that it made me feel so fully! I won't lie...this book made me sob...like REALLY sob, and I couldn't stop for a while! I sobbed because I felt the loss of characters so fully, and felt Lila's own inner-turmoil so much...I also sobbed happy tears...overall, I just basically sobbed for every reason you can sob, but I enjoyed it, so don't worry, I'm sure if you turn into a sobby mess because of this trilogy, you'll love it, too. ;)  haha

I absolutely loved Rise of the Magi, and I loved this trilogy! I would recommend it to fans of stories involving fae, but also to those who just like action-packed stories full of some steamy romance...plus, this trilogy has a very satisfying conclusion, so I can assure you that you'll enjoy this trilogy from start to finish, and by the last page, you'll have one ginormous smile on your face...just like I do. ;)

So...what do you think?
Have you read any of the Lila Gray trilogy yet? Do you want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D