Monday 12 March 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (69)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links go to Goodreads.


Books I Read Last Week:
I basically devoured this book! haha I started it shortly after posting my Monday post last week and had it finished by Tuesday...it was awesome! :D I really enjoyed the changes that Heather made to the story, and I liked how she modernized it. It was wonderful, not exactly as I expected, but still definitely one that I loved. :D

I ended up not really liking this one for my travel writing class. Some of it was good, but then other parts just bored me. The Songlines doesn't really follow a traditional narrative arc, and there are interruptions from past sections and entries from the author's various notebooks, and I just felt these sections interrupted the flow and they kind of ruined any enjoyment I had with the story. It wasn't awful, but I didn't really like it.

This one wasn't bad. I didn't hate it, but there wasn't really anything special about it either. I've found that the sports romances I like actually involve the sport the character plays, so I didn't really like that there actually wasn't any hockey in this one....other than it being mentioned. The characters were alright, but I didn't love them. So, I liked it, but it wasn't a favourite, I'm still definitely preferring Jaci Burton to Deirdre Martin. I've heard the earlier books in this series are better anyways, so maybe I should try them.


Reading Now:

I'm about halfway through this one and I'm really enjoying it. :) It's interesting, and definitely intense. In this book there are Paras who have paranormal abilities, so telekinesis, telepathy, and things like that. Unfortunately they're persecuted and treated as slaves if they're caught. The main character, Caitlyn is a para, and by the title I'm sure you can guess that she and other paras are being hunted.

I seriously can't believe I've gone this long without reading Wuthering Heights...especially since I'm at about the 100-page mark and I am absolutely loving it! At first, I wasn't sure if I would like it because it's not from Heathcliff or Cathy's point of view, but I actually don't mind hearing their story from the servant, Ellen (or Nelly) Dean. Hopefully I like it once I'm finished. :P


***Also still reading The Queen of Kentucky, and Before I Fall :)

Books I Want to Read This Week:
I've been meaning to start this one for a while now, but I kept putting it off! I can't wait any long though, so I'm hoping to get some time for it this week or some time soon! :D

--------------

And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what other people are reading. :)

1 comment:

  1. You have quite varied tastes! I'm a history buff, so I like to read nonfiction, but I also really enjoy science fiction, which is why I chose that genre for my novel. It was fun to infuse history into my fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D