Sunday 24 June 2012

Stacking the Shelves (5)

Stacking the Shelves is Tynga's Reviews' version of In My Mailbox (from The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie).

Stacking the Shelves is a way to share the books that you're adding to your physical and virtual bookshelves. It's easy to participate. You just make your own post, and link it to the main post over at Tynga's Reviews. Also, in case you're curious, Tynga's post for it goes up on Saturdays, but you can post it any day that you like. :) You can find out more about participating by reading the Stacking the Shelves Launch post.

So, here's what I got this week!

For Review:

A Matter of Life and Death or Something by Ben Stephenson (from D and M Publishing)
 Rage Within (Dark Inside #2) by Jeyn Roberts (from Simon and Schuster Canada)
The Blessed (The Blessed #1) by Tonya Hurley (from Simon and Schuster Canada)
Rootless by Chris Howard (from Scholastic Canada)
Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough (from Scholastic Canada)
Grim by Anna Waggener (from Scholastic Canada)

I had a few surprises from Scholastic this week and they all sound amazing! :D I'm really looking forward to them. A Matter of Life and Death or Something also sounds fantastic, as do the titles from Simon and Schuster. I hadn't heard of The Blessed yet, but it seems really intense! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gifted:

 Huntress by Malinda Lo (from my awesome friend, Zoë, at In the Next Room!)

Zoë ordered me some books for my birthday, and this one was a pre-order! :D I can't wait to read it! :D Thanks again, Zo!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bought: 

Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
Forever by Judy Blume
Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses #9) by Ellen Schreiber

I already finished Forever and Immortal Hearts. I loved Immortal Hearts! It's the last book in its series, and I loved how it all turned out. Forever was okay, but it didn't really wow me. I can't wait to read Rapture though! :D I'm hoping to get to it soon! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's what I got this past week! What about you, what did you get??
Feel free to leave a link to your mailbox, book haul, or stacking the shelves related post in the comments. :)

8 comments:

  1. Doesn't the cover for The Blessed look creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited to check out Rage Within... the first book was so creepy and pretty awesome.

    Enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the first one yet, but I've been meaning to! It sounds like an amazing series...now that you've said that I really need to get to it! :D

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  3. What a great week in books! I'm so glad Huntress arrived safely, and I think you just have the one left now :) A Matter of Life and Death sounds intriguing, I can't wait to see what you think and I may have to request it ;) Also it's always great to get the last book in a series, especially when it's number 9 (wow!) so I'm glad it ended well. Rootless also interesting and like nothing I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was surprised that I got so many this week. The last couple weeks I hadn't really gotten anything in the mail, not even the ones I bought. It does! I'm gonna have a giveaway for it after I read it, so maybe you'll get one that way if you don't request it. ;D I know! It was a huge series. They're all really short though, and the first book I have from that one actually had the first three books in it. I'm glad too! :D I know! It sounds amazing! I was really intrigued when it showed up in my mailbox! :D

      Delete
  4. Nice haul there.

    The title "A Matter Of Life And Death Or Something" caught my eye and then I read the blurb and I thought that I wanted to get this book.

    Unfortunately, it isn't available, except through Amazon's Marketplace, but I hope it's released on Kindle in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      Oh, no! That really sucks. And I just checked, it isn't even available on the Book Depository right now. :( I hope it's released on there for you too, that way you can read it. :)

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D