Monday 11 April 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (22)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links go to Goodreads. :)


Books I Read Last Week:

While I didn't love this one as much as I loved Ella Enchanted, I still thought it was a really awesome story, and I definitely didn't want to put it down. :)
I watched bits and pieces of the movie version of Coraline on TV before, and I've heard amazing things about this book, so I just had to read it, and I wasn't disappointed, it was an awesome story, it definitely had a bit of the creep factor what with the whole other mother and button eyes and stuff, but it was an awesome story nonetheless.
The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes is a series that I have been reading for years, and every once in a while I pick one up and just dive right in. I just got this one a while ago, so I hadn't read it yet, and I still absolutely love reading about Abby. I'm still partial to the earlier books though, back when the purple ink in her journal was actually purple! :D
I have loved everything that I have ever read by Elizabeth Scott, and Love You Hate You Miss You was no exception! It was completely different from the other ones that I've read (Perfect You, Something Maybe, The Unwritten Rule), but I still loved it so much! It was an intense story and sad at times, but it was so powerful. I got really caught up in this story and I wholeheartedly recommend it! :D


Reading Now:
I really like this one so far! I've had it on the shelf for a while, but haven't picked up until now and I realy wish I'd read it sooner! :D
I totally forgot this book in my backpack when I went home for the weekend, so I didn't finish it yet, but I definitely would have if I'd remembered it! This story's a bit different, but I'm really enjoying it, and I'm excited to read some more. :)


- I'm also still listening to Safe Haven, and reading Running From Secrets. Both kind of got pushed aside this weekend for the Read-a-Thon I participated in, but I hope to finish both soon. :)


Books I Want to Read This Week:
So I didn't get to this one last week, but hopefully I'll get some time for it this week. :)
This is one that HarperCollins Canada sent me a while back, and I'm pretty excited to read it, it sounds like a great story. :)

And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what others are reading. :)

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

1 comment:

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D