Monday 17 January 2011

Review: The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan



Thank you Netgalley and Houghton Mifflin for letting me download this on Netgalley. :)

I LOVED this story! It was incredibly unique and the story seemed to weave together seamlessly. I loved Lena, and her family. Cole was freaking adorable, I always wanted a tiny little brother like him. Her father was probably one of the coolest dudes ever and her step-mom was pretty awesome too. You know your step-mom's pretty great when you call her mom instead of her first name. Her friends had totally different personalities and I also loved that there was diversity in this story.

The settings were described so fluidly and descriptively. This book made me want to go to the ocean, learn to surf, swim in giant waves, and walk on the beach. And the mermaids...well I love mermaids! I think you're crazy if you're don't, well maybe not crazy, but you're definitely missing out.

This story had me on my toes and I didn't want to stop reading. It was beautifully written and is definitely a book that you don't want to miss! The ending was pretty open-ended, but it was still a wonderful story. :)
 
I'm going to be posting a bunch of reviews today, I decided to add all of the reviews I have on Goodreads right now onto my blog, so you can expect quite a few more.
 
This book just came out a few months ago, has anyone else read it??
 
Happy Reading!!!
 
♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D