Monday 29 August 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (42)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books I Read Last Week:

I thought So Yesterday was a fantastic story! It was a quick read, and had some amazing characters...plus it really made you think, and it leaves you wondering what "cool" really is. :)

I absolutely love love loved this one! :D This book is gonna stick with me for a while, it was fabulous! :D Melina Marchetta wrote a magical story with Jellicoe Road. It's well written from the start, but for me this book had a gradual build. I just found myself getting more and more involved in the story until I was completely enthralled. I also loved the characters, and the dual aspect of this story, where it was almost as if you were reading two stories at once. Plus, there was Jonah Griggs....*sigh.*

I really liked this one. My review will go up a little bit after this post, so I'm not going to give everything away, but I will say that I thought this story was one-of-a-kind. Cesya took her faeries to a whole knew level. First, she made her male faeries, Conjurers, while the females were Faeries, so they had different abilities, and they also each had soulmates that were their counterparts from the other gender which was pretty cool. Also, once again, just like in Jellicoe Road, there was a sexy boy with an Australian accent, Oli. ;)


Reading Now:
I'm on a couple of chapters into this one. I've been reading it during my breaks at work, and I like it so far. :D


Books I Want to Read This Week:
I received this ARC a while ago, and it sounds fantastic! Plus, I love the cover and the little tagline on the front. :D

I know! I still haven't read this one...*hangs head in shame.* It's been sitting on my shelf for a while now, and I am finally going to read it and discover what the conclusion to this series is...will Ever and Damen get their happy ending...or happy forever I guess? I'll just have to read it and find out...seriously, please don't spoil it or I'm gonna sit here and go "nah, nah, nah! I can't hear you!" haha


And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what others are reading. :)

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

10 comments:

  1. elemental reality and everlasting looks like really good reads and I love the covers!
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/08/it-is-monday-and-you-are-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom's Kiss looks great! I am adding it to my Wishlist! Thanks!

    I had a decent week, it was much better than my last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Immortals series, but I may give it a try some day. I have only heard good things about Jellicoe Road and definitely have to try that at some point. And of course, major envy over Sweet Venom, I hope you finish it by friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cecilia: They do have amazing covers! :D


    @Rachel: I'm pretty much a sucker for all of the covers from this week! haha

    @Lisa: Yay! :D I hope you like it, it's also available on NetGalley right now. :)

    @Zoe: You just might...and I'll let you know if the ending sucks so you'll know if it's worth it. haha You should! It's amazing! :D I think I will, I've got 2 days off between now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay days off for lots of reading are awesome :) And I will be very curious to see your Immortal thoughts since six books is a decent size series. I think I'll add Jellicoe Road to my next Book Close Outs order :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zoe: I agree! :D That's my main focus for my days off. I've had my love and hate for the series already to be honest. So much of the conflict in the series is really trivial and easily prevented...if the main character actually thought before she did things sometimes anyways. :P But, overall, I like it. I'm very excited to see how it ends though! :D Great idea! That's where I got my copy from. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed "So Yesterday" and "Jellicoe Road" I loved the latter but thoroughly enjoyed "So Yesterday" too. Scott Westerfeld and Melina Marchetta are awesome authors! I love the world that Westerfeld creates. Have you read the "Uglies" series?

    Here's my "Monday" post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Angelica Joy: I agree, they are awesome authors! :D I love it, too. Scott Westerfeld is defintiely an amazing storyteller, and yes I have read his Uglies series. I've also read his Midnight Hour series, and I loved the Uglies, Midnight Hour I really liked, but not as much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Angelica Joy: I agree, they are awesome authors! :D I love it, too. Scott Westerfeld is defintiely an amazing storyteller, and yes I have read his Uglies series. I've also read his Midnight Hour series, and I loved the Uglies, Midnight Hour I really liked, but not as much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D