Monday 15 August 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (40)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links for book titles go to Goodreads. :)


Books I Read Last Week:
I loved this one! It was amazing...but be warned it is a major tearjerker! I don't think I stopped crying for a good 15 minutes after finishing it, and if you're read this one, or are planning to read it, make sure to check out Angela's blog she has an unpublished epilogue to Sing Me to Sleep on there that was just perfect!

 Paradise 21 (A New Dawn #1) by Aubrie Dionne
    This was an awesome story! :D I really enjoyed reading it, and I'll be posting my review of it on Friday, so be sure to check that out. :D
    I also really liked this one. The characters were great (usually ---I did want to shake them sometimes :P), and it was definitely a steamy and inventive read. ;) I'll be reviewing this one a bit closer to its release date, so I'm think late August. :)
    Loved this one! I only wish it had been longer...I didn't get nearly enough of Sean's POV *insert dreamy sigh here*. I loved getting to read Sean's perspective in this scene, and I can't wait to tell you all more about it in my review, which I'll be posting on September first...along with a giveaway of Darkness and Light, which I reviewed just a couple of weeks ago...if you didn't read that review, I'll sum it up. It was amazing! The main duo/couple, Sean and Jem, had some fiery and feisty chemistry which reminded me of Clay and Elena from Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. :)



    Reading Now:
     So, I read a few pages of this one, but not much. It's getting closer to this one's release date, so I'm going to try and finish this one soon. :)
    I'm kind of floating in the water with this one. It hasn't really captured my interest, so I keep reading like one or two pages at a time. I'm thinking the next day I have off I will sit myself outside (if it's nice anyways :P) and just try and get absorbed into this one. :)
    A few months ago I read the first few chapters of this one on Scott Westerfeld's website and really liked it. My copy came in from BookCloseOuts.ca and I couldn't resist reading from where I left off...well I skimmed a bit first to reacquaint myself. :P


    Books I Want to Read This Week:

    I haven't read a Tera Lynn Childs book yet (even though I have a few sitting on my shelves just waiting to be read), but I can't wait to start this one. It sounds fantastic. It has mythology, an amazing sounding description, and that pretty pretty cover all tantalizing me and tempting me to read it...so read it I shall! :)
    I almost started this when I got it in the mail the other day, but I shook myself and stopped. I want to try and finish some of the ones I'm already reading, so I'll try and hold off on this one until I finish at least one...somehow I don't think that will happen. :P


    And what are you reading???

    Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what others reading. :)

    Happy Reading!!!

    ♪♫ Ambur

    5 comments:

    1. Jellicoe Road is amazing! You should definitely read it. Have a great week. :)

      Dea
      Teen Readers' Diary

      ReplyDelete
    2. A whole lot of great reads and great covers! Enjoy!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Beauty Queens was so funny! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Here is my review for this week.

      ReplyDelete
    4. New follower. You've got two books from two of my fave authors...Scott Westerfeld and Melina Marchetta. Enjoy!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. “Sing me to sleep” was one of the best books I’ve read. It was a touching, fascinating story about friendship, family, love and life. It made me see the insensitive truth of life and I did enjoy the story.

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D