Sunday 28 August 2011

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox at The Story Siren

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, and inspired by her friend, Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a way to share the books that you've received over the past week. They could come from the bookstore, the library, a friend, your mailbox or wherever. It gives us all a chance to showcase the books that we've gotten, and maybe give others an idea for the book they want to read or buy next. :)

For Review:

With Good Behavior (The Conduct Series #1) by Jennifer Lane (Paperback - sent by Publisher - Omnific Publishing)
Reckless Magic (The Star-Crossed Series #1) by Rachel Higginson (Ebook - sent by Author)

Both of these sound like great stories. I'm definitely excited to read them. :D

---------------

From NetGalley:

The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison
Dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman
The Last Rising (Curse of the Phoenix #1) by Rachel Firasek
Second-Guessing Fate by Claire Robyns
Highland Sanctuary by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
Slayers by C.J. Hill
Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver
Stick by Andrew Smith
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
The Betrayal: A Novel on John Calvin by Douglas Bond
The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski

...Yes, I totally went overboard with NetGalley titles again this week...I'll never find enough time to read all these, but I like having them there, so I can read and review when I have time. :)

---------------

Bought:

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (The Book Depostiory)
Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses #8) by Ellen Schrieber (The Book Depository)
Once a Witch (Witch #1) by Carolyn MacCullough (The Book Depository)
Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black (The Book Depository)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (The Book Depository)
Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries #2) by (The Book Depository)
Phaedrus by PLATO - School book...woo hoo school (not really :P) (The Book Depository)
Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force (Amazon Kindle Store)
Dark Swan Bundle Pack (Books 1-3) by Richelle Mead (Amazon Kindle Store)
The Wrong Path by Vivian Marie Aubin du Paris (Amazon Kindle Store)
Hidden Gem by India Lee (Amazon Kindle Store)
Virals (Virals #1) by Kathy Reichs (Wal-Mart)

Lots of my books from The Book Depository came in this week, which was awesome! :D Phaedrus was the only school one I ordered, but the rest were all buys because of deals, except Once a Witch, I bought that one so I could read Always a Witch, and know what was happening. :P I also bought a few Kindle titles this week, and a book from Wal-Mart...Virals! It's out on paperback, and I thought why not. It's a really good deal (30% off at Wal-Mart, plus my employee discount :D), and I want to read it. :D

---------------

Received in R.A.K (Random Acts of Kindness):

Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby
Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

Both of these books were sent to me by Aislynn from Knit, Purl, Stitch...Read and Cook! Thanks again, Aislynn! :D

---------------

I've been a bum the last few IMM's and forgot to thank people, but not this week. :D So, thanks to Omnific Publishing, Rachel Higginson, NetGalley, The Book Depository, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and of course, Aislynn! :D

Now, what did you all get this week?
Leave a link if you have one, I'd love to see your mailboxes, too. :D

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice lot! You got a ton! I've still haven't read Thirteen Reasons Why yet! :D
    My IMM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! awesome IMM this week. so many great books. i really want to read lauren oliver's MG book myself because i love her YA books. enjoy all your books :)

    i hope you can stop by and check out our WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are going to be busy for a very long time! Looks like it is time for me to visit Netgalley again.

    If you might be interested here is my IMM. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding Zombie Queen of Newbury High and Fairy Bad Day to my TBR list They look great!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of good reads in your mailbox this week! I have to be very careful w/ net galley, it's addicting.... Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week! Fab ones from NetGalley, and Red Glove and Once a Witch both looks awesome! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bookstacksondeck: Thanks :) I haven't either, but it sounds like a really moving story. :)

    @chelleyreads: I still have to read her YA books, but I have Delirium already, so all I need to do is pick it up! ;D Thank you! :D Will do!

    @Lisa (Lisa's World of Books): Oh definitely...I will never finish all of the books I own or have from NetGalley, but at least I'll be surrounded by them...that's kind of comforting...kind of. haha
    Thanks! You too! :D

    @Shandy Jo: I couldn't agree more, they do! :D

    @Book Savvy Babe: Thanks, I like them too. :) haha So true...I've obviously succumbed to my addiction. haha

    @Liz. R: Thanks! Agreed, NetGalley had some AMAZING titles this week! I loved Red Glove, I read the ARC from the GalleyGrab newsletter months ago, but I wanted a copy to match by White Cat. ;D I'm excited for Once a Witch, too, it does look awesome! Thanks, Happy Reading to you too! :D

    THANKS FOR COMMENTING EVERYONE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul this week!! Yay for Liesl and Po, my sister loved that one. Happy reading :)

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a nice set of books. Fairy Bad Day is on my TBR list.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want your IMM, lol. You've got several I'm interested in. And I know what you mean about the Netgally titles, I don't even like ebooks but it's like they're right there! And I want to read them but I just hate ebooks with a passion so it takes me forever to actually read them, lol.

    Here's what I got if you're interested. :) :

    http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox_29.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D