Thursday 16 September 2021

[Review] NEON GODS (Dark Olympus, #1) by Katee Robert

 

 Source: Received an egalley through Netgalley.
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: June 1, 2021
Number of Pages: 380 (Paperback)

DESCRIPTION

He was supposed to be a myth. But from the moment I crossed the River Styx and fell under his dark spell... he was, quite simply, mine.

Society darling Persephone Dimitriou plans to flee the ultra-modern city of Olympus and start over far from the backstabbing politics of the Thirteen Houses. But all that’s ripped away when her mother ambushes her with an engagement to Zeus, the dangerous power behind their glittering city’s dark facade.

With no options left, Persephone flees to the forbidden undercity and makes a devil’s bargain with a man she once believed a myth... a man who awakens her to a world she never knew existed.

Hades has spent his life in the shadows, and he has no intention of stepping into the light. But when he finds that Persephone can offer a little slice of the revenge he’s spent years craving, it’s all the excuse he needs to help her—for a price. Yet every breathless night spent tangled together has given Hades a taste for Persephone, and he’ll go to war with Olympus itself to keep her close…

A modern retelling of Hades and Persephone that’s as sinful as it is sweet.


G E T   Y O U R   C O P Y   N O W !
Amazon US | Amazon Canada | Indigo | B&N

REVIEW

I’ve always been a fan of Hades and Persephone retellings and mythology retellings in general, but I’ve been loving them even more lately ever since I discovered the webtoon, Lore Olympus, so Neon Gods has been on my radar for quite a while and I’m so glad that I’ve finally picked it up!

I was definitely expecting this book to be steamy, and it sure was, but I have to admit that it was even sweeter and more romantic than I thought it would be…and I was super here for it. It could’ve definitely been a dark story that was solely about pleasure, but instead this was a story with a captivating romance, two characters that I couldn’t help but love, and world-building that has left me super intriguing and excited to see where the series will go next. I’m also excited to see what pairings will be explored in future books!

As for our main characters, I loved them so much! Persephone was absolutely hilarious and I loved how with Hades she was so free and just said what she wanted to say. She was fierce, kind, devoted to those she loved, and just so much fun, and Hades was quite possibly one of the sweetest cinnamon rolls I’ve ever met! He had an edge and wielded his reputation like a fine-tuned weapon, but around Persephone it was like he just melted and I loved that. Their relationship was hands-down my favourite part of this book. They supported each other so fully, brought out the best in one another, and just made each other so happy…I loved it so much!

Overall, I’d recommend this one to romance readers who like steamy reads, especially if you like a little bit of spice and if you like books inspired by mythology. 

Star Rating: ★★★★★


What do you think?
Does Neon Gods sound like something you'd enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D