Wednesday 25 April 2018

Review: VICIOUS (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen

Source: Purchased kindle and paperback copies.
Release Date: December 27, 2016
Number of Pages: 328 (Kindle)

Description:

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares.
He is a brilliant lawyer.
A skilled criminal.
A beautiful liar.
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist.
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom.
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down.
She paid the price.
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate.
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t.
So she hates me. Big fucking deal.
She better get used to me.


Well this review is a long, long time coming! :D

I first read VICIOUS in January 2017 and I've read it several times since then. That first time that I read it was just a few days into the New Year. I started it and couldn't stop reading until I'd finished! As soon as I put the book down, I knew that I'd read something special. Something that would stick with me for a very long time, and sure enough, by the end of 2017, it was still my top read all year. It's been over a year now, and I've since reread it multiple times--as an ebook, in paperback, and also as an audio. I've loved it in every format and I can honestly say that I think the audiobook is absolutely phenomenal, too!

I'm a huge romance reader, so the description for VICIOUS intrigued me right away, but I'd never really been one to read romances with heroes that aren't exactly nice guys, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about the main character, Emilia's love interest, Vicious. I started the book thinking that he was awful...but somehow, the more that I read, the more L. J. Shen managed to make me fall further and further in love with Vicious. He's dark, he's unapologetically rude...he is oh, so selfish, but he's 100% true to himself and when he does let someone in, he lets them in fully and he protects and supports them in a way that is simply irresistible. He's captivating, powerful, passionate...and he's really, really raw and dirty.

If any of that appeals to you...you seriously need to pick this book up. I'd recommend it in any format you can find. If you like ebooks, you'll love it. Paperbacks, you'll love it, too. Audiobooks...oh, yeah, you'll definitely love it! Highly, highly recommend! I also highly recommend all of L. J. Shen's other books--I've loved every single one of her books!



Have you read VICIOUS or one of L. J. Shen's other books yet?

If you have, thoughts???
If you haven't, why not???

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this author's name floating around and it's definitely got me curious. Now such high praises from you! I have got to try her books :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D