Tuesday 9 June 2020

Review: ALWAYS RED (Chasing Red #2) by Isabelle Ronin

Source: Received from Netgalley.
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: November 7, 2017


Description:
Chasing Red is the Wattpad phenomenon with over 130 million reads, and one million reads each week. Revised and with new original content, it will be published in two volumes, Chasing Red and Always Red. New readers and fans alike will fall in love with Red and Caleb--over and over again.

THE RIVETING CONCLUSION TO RED AND CALEB'S EPIC STORY
Veronica "Red" Strafford's painful past has made trusting Caleb Lockhart difficult. But Red might have pushed Caleb away one too many times...

I want you to fight for me. Just as I fought for you. But you wouldn't.
I stood there, staring after him, tears pouring down my face.

What just a few of IsabelleRonin's 130 million Wattpad readers are saying:
"This is the only book that I have read more than 5 times... One of the best books I have ever read."--Chelovskalova_ti

"This book took me through an emotional roller coaster! I love everything about it!"--infinity_and-beyond3

"Most amazing thing I've ever read. The characters are just so real and possess such pure, raw emotions and passion."--lollyhes

"Chasing Red possibly qualifies as the best novel I've read in my life. I was so addicted to it... So in love that I couldn't stop reading."--XxSandrelleGarciaxX

REVIEW

Well, well, well! The first book was dramatic and this one certainly was, too!

When I read the previous book in this duology, CHASING RED, I couldn't put it down...it left off on quite the cliffhanger, and I was absolutely desperate to get my hands on a copy of ALWAYS RED! Once I got a copy and started reading, I couldn't put it down either!

I have to admit that I didn't love this one quite as much as the previous book...I think with a lot of romances that are duologies, I'm a bit of a tougher sell when it comes to concluding the story--probably because the break between the two books builds up my expectations. I'm pretty sure that's really what kept me from loving this one as much as the first here. I had that time to build up what I wanted to happen in ALWAYS RED, whereas with CHASING RED I just dove right in full throttle. While I didn't love it quite as much as CHASING RED, I still really enjoyed ALWAYS RED. Caleb and Red were wonderful together...and I loved their relationship so much!

In fact, there were so many things that I loved about this book, but it did have some moments that were a bit too dramatic for me, which made me like it less than the first one. However, some parts were handled so well that it had me absolutely ecstatic! I love, love, loved how consent was handled in this book! Caleb always made sure Red gave consent before doing anything which I really appreciated! The first book was a total slow burn and it finally boiled over in this one...it was super worth the wait!

When I'd originally written down my review I mentioned that I was hoping we'd get a story where Kara and Cameron get back together...and you guys, that's what the third book, SPITFIRE IN LOVE, is all about!!! I'll definitely be reading that soon. :D I'd recommend this series to romance readers who love fast-paced stories, slow-burn romances, and lots of drama. ;)

Star Rating:

★★★★.5



What do you think?
Do Chasing Red and Always Red sound like books that you'd like?
Has anyone read Kara and Cam's book, Spitfire in Love, yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D