Wednesday 1 June 2016

Cover Catch-Up (31): Burning & Bright!

In "Cover Catch-Up" I share some covers that have either been recently revealed, or that I've just found and really wanted to share. 

Today I have two GORGEOUS covers to share that really grabbed my attention!



The first cover is for A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING (Kingdom on Fire #1) by Jessica Cluess!

A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING (Kingdom on Fire #1) by Jessica Cluess
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 20, 2016

Description:

I am Henrietta Howel.
The first female sorcerer in hundreds of years.
The prophesied one.
Or am I?


Henrietta Howel can burst into flames.
Forced to reveal her power to save a friend, she's shocked when instead of being executed, she's invited to train as one of Her Majesty's royal sorcerers.

Thrust into the glamour of Victorian London, Henrietta is declared the chosen one, the girl who will defeat the Ancients, bloodthirsty demons terrorizing humanity. She also meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, handsome young men eager to test her power and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.

But Henrietta Howel is not the chosen one.
As she plays a dangerous game of deception, she discovers that the sorcerers have their own secrets to protect. With battle looming, what does it mean to not be the one? And how much will she risk to save the city—and the one she loves?

Exhilarating and gripping, Jessica Cluess's spellbinding fantasy introduces a powerful, unforgettably heroine, and a world filled with magic, romance, and betrayal. Hand to fans of Libba Bray, Sarah J. Maas, and Cassandra Clare.
 
I have to admit that first this book grabbed my attention because the title reminded me of my blog's name, and I loved that...then I saw the cover and read the description and I was SMITTEN! I absolutely LOVE the flame on the cover! It's gorgeous and I love that there are so many intricate details within it!! I also love the rose at the centre, and how the dark, shadowy background ties the whole cover together! And the story sounds intense and super fantastic⎯I can't wait to read this one! :D



The second cover that I have today is for STARFALL (Starflight #2) by Melissa Landers!

STARFALL (Starflight #2) by Melissa Landers
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: February 7, 2017

Description:

When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage to a bloodthirsty prince and prevent a coup, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a lowly ship hand, she finally has the chance to return home and make peace, but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that the Banshee crew managed to evade capture, including Kane Arric, her best friend... with occasional benefits.

Meanwhile, Kane and the rest of the crew of the Banshee, including Solara and Doran, are planning a desperate rescue mission. But when they arrive on Eturia, they find Cassia ruling her home planet, having imprisoned the rogue prince who would have overthrown her family. Deep down, Kane knows that Cassia can't rule her world and be with the bastard son of a business man, but he's also sure she returns his feelings, and that makes the circumstances all the more painful. When the outer realms are threatened by the dangerous Zhang mafia, Cassia, Kane and the rest of the Banshee crew rally to protect the population from widespread enslavement. The reunion forces Cassia to consider who her true family is and if she can live without the boy who has been there for her through thick and thin.
I just read STARFLIGHT last week and I abso-freaking-lutely LOVED it!

It had that same wondrous feel as FIREFLY, and I was completely obsessed! It was soooo amazing...and then I saw that there was a cover and description up for its sequel, STARFALL, and I was even more excited!! While I'm kinda going to miss having Solara and Doran be the main focus of the story, I'm still excited to get to read from Cassia's and Kane's POVs...and I'm really looking forward to getting to see what happens next for everyone on the Banshee! As for this cover, I love it!!! It looks like they're soaring through space, and I really love the bright, vibrant colours!



What do you think?

Are you a fan of these covers, and are you excited for these books, too?

2 comments:

  1. OMG both of these are gorgeous Ambur!! A Shadow Bright and Burning has lovely colours, and I love the flaming rose! Starfall has stars and space which is obviously a win, but I adore the colours there too ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Glad you love them, too, Micheline!! SAME!! The colours are stunning, and they both are just so dynamic!! I love that in covers! :D

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D