Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tea Tuesdays! (11): Today's Tea is...(Iced) Pink Passionfruit!!

I'm totally obsessed with tea, so every Tuesday, I'm sharing one of my favourites...and maybe sometimes something just totally awesome and tea-related.

Recently my biggest tea obsession has been loose tea! If you're new to loose tea, check out my first Tea Tuesday post and see how easy it is to brew! You can also click my "Tea Tuesdays!" button above to see my previous tea posts! :D

The weather has been absolutely fantastic in Edmonton lately, so today's Tea Tuesdays! post is all about ICED tea!! :D 

Today's tea is DAVIDsTEA's Pink Passionfruit...ICED!! :D

Pink Passionfruit was from last year's Summer Collection at DAVIDsTEA, so unfortunately you can't get any of it right now, but I did make sure to get myself a 100g tin before it was gone. Sadly, it won't last forever, but this tea is a delicious treat so I like to savour it when I do have it! :D

This is what it looks like: 


Making iced tea is pretty simple. I usually just steep my tea as usual, and then just add the hot tea to ice in a cup. I used my lovely $5 tumbler from Walmart to make it this time. :D 

And if you're really unsure of how to make it iced, here's the steps that I use: 
1. Choose your tea!
2. Steep as usual (use a tea ball, steeper, perfect mug...whatever you want! :D)
3. Add your preferred sweetener (sugar, agave, etc.) if you like your tea sweet. You want to do this when the tea is hot though so that it dissolves and spreads throughout the whole drink. You can even add it before you add your hot water. 
4. Add the hot tea to ice. You can do this in a tumbler like I did, or you could do it in a pitcher if you wanted to make a larger serving. :) (Also, if you don't have any ice, you could even add the hot tea to really cold water...ice is definitely easier though :D)
5. DRINK AND ENJOY! :D 

So, here's the tumbler I used! As you can see from the picture on the bottom left side, I filled the whole tumbler with ice, and when I filled my steeper before, I filled it to the regular size for one cup of tea. This tumbler is about 500-600 mL so it works for that amount, but make sure to overfill your cup if you decide to make a smaller glass. :)


YUM! I'm always a fan of Pink Passionfruit, but it is definitely at its best when it's iced! I'm not super picky about which teas I ice since I do like a wide variety, but if you want to try it for the first time, I'd suggest a herbal or fruit tea since they have more light and sweet flavours naturally which make them the perfect way to refresh on a hot day! :D

Here's hoping that one day DAVIDsTEA brings Pink Passionfruit back though because I love it sooooo much! haha :D

What do you think?
Do you like your tea iced?
If you haven't tried it before, do you think you will now?

6 comments:

  1. Mmm ... that sounds delicious! I just started icing tea over the weekend. It's awesome! I usually use a rooibos and put it in my 4-cup steeper in the fridge with cold water overnight. It's perfect in the morning! Love that the rooibus tea is naturally sweet. And the fruit teas are great, too! I love the "trail mix" look of them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! :D I absolutely love this one! It's light and refreshing, and just so super tasty!! :D I just tried the cold steeping a couple days ago and it is good! It definitely makes for a lighter flavour which is nice, but I do like to ice it like this if I want to drink it more quickly. ;) I love that rooibus is sweet, too...and the fruity ones are, too! haha I always like that, too! They're so fun! :D

      Delete
  2. Too bad they're not selling this one anymore because it sounds delicious iced! I've been having iced tea every day because it's so refreshing. I make it the day before and put it in the fridge overnight though, and add ice in the morning before I go out. I'll have to try your way sometime though, if I'm on the go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm so sad that it didn't come back, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will someday....or that they'll have it on sale in those 250 g bags on their website. ;) haha Nice! I've been doing the same! It's so perfect when it's hot outside to have a nice cool glass of tea! :D I just did that for the first time this week, too...and I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty tasty! Ya! I like to do it this way when I just want one glass of it, or if I want it more quickly. ;) haha

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I really need to get my hands on some of this DavidsTea. Any who, I drink my tea the British way. Nice and hot with cream and sugar please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU REALLY DO!!! :D It's AMAZING!! :D haha I like mine hot, too, but it is really nice to have it cold like this when it's super hot! Plus, I like to mix it up every once in a while. ;)

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D