Tuesday 10 July 2018

[Review] ALL YOUR PERFECTS by Colleen Hoover

Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: July 17, 2018
Number of Pages: 320 (Paperback)

DESCRIPTION

Colleen Hoover delivers a tour de force novel about a troubled marriage and the one old forgotten promise that might be able to save it.

Quinn and Graham’s perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.

All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?
G E T   Y O U R   C O P Y   N O W !
Amazon US | Amazon Canada | Indigo | B&N | Kobo


REVIEW

Wow.

I honestly wasn’t sure if I’d end up loving or even liking
All Your Perfects because there were times where it completely tore me up inside and I was an absolute, utter wreck...but I took a bit of a breather and picked it back up, and it managed to pull me back together. I didn’t want to stop reading, but I just wasn’t in the headspace to read such an emotional story. I’m glad I put it down for a bit because I think it helped me appreciate it more when I picked it up again.

I absolutely loved
All Your Perfects. It was heart-wrenching, raw and oh so, emotional. I won’t say I loved every moment because I didn’t, but what I did love was that despite those moments that tore me up and made me sad, All Your Perfects, still made me happy. It made me see things in a different way, and made me consider how sometimes looking at the things that are going wrong...or are flawed in our lives...can keep us from seeing all of the good. It can keep us from appreciating what we do have, and focusing on those flaws can keep us closed off from finding happiness.

While I’m nowhere even close to being in Quinn and Graham’s shoes, Colleen Hoover managed to make me feel as if I were in the same position. I felt all that they did and I saw how their life was crumbling. I did have the blessing of foresight and wanted them to talk sooooo much because I knew it would help, but I also saw why they behaved as they did. What I loved about this story was that even if you don’t feel as if you can relate to their situation, Colleen makes it so that you do relate to Graham and Quinn. You feel for them. You hope for them. You love with them. And that is why I loved this book so much. I loved it even more now that I’ve turned to the last page than when I read the lines that were my favourite, and I think I’ll love it even more the longer I think it over.

Highly, highly recommend All Your Perfects! It may tear you up inside, but trust me...it’ll also help put you back together. 




Thoughts?

Any other CoHorts out there?
If you haven't yet read a Colleen Hoover book, does ALL YOUR PERFECTS sound like a book you'd enjoy?

1 comment:

  1. This one started with a bang and in true Colleen Hoover fashion, kept me glued to every page of the book with the gut wrenching moments, the heartfelt emotions, the pain and isolation, but also the faith of not giving up on love through devastation even when it seems like a losing battle.

    Zia
    I found the best Alaska Fishing Lodge

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D