Monday 14 September 2015

RECAP: Teens Read Winter + Spring 2016 Preview

If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen my feed go berserk with fangirling squees on Saturday!!  

I was lucky enough to get to attend Raincoast Book's TeensRead Winter + Spring 2016 Preview!!!! It was organized by Raincoast Books, Jenn from Lost in a Great Book, and Vanessa at ampersand inc, and I'd like to take a moment here to say thank you to all of them!! You put on a fantastic event and it was a lot of fun!! :D

 Let me tell you, there are some AMAZING titles coming from their publishers soon!! :D

I just moved from Edmonton to Toronto at the beginning of August, so it was my first time going to a publisher event, and it was so much fun!!

We arrived, got some candies and goodies, and were then all given swag bags!

Each bag had different books in them, and they also came with a handout so that we could see all of the amazing upcoming titles!! The lovely staff at Raincoast books then told us about the great titles that we have to look forward to. I'm going to share my tweets so you can see my first reactions to most of these titles once I got home!

Be forewarned...I tweeted up a storm about this event, and I've embedded all of my tweets focusing on the titles below.

So, here they are:













Here's a full list of all of the titles mentioned during the Teens Read Winter + Spring 2016 Preview (I put asterisks beside the ones that I tweeted about):

We also heard about some upcoming sequels, and even though it wasn't a YA title, A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab, was mentioned and a large chunk of us proceeded to squee gleefully, myself included. ;)

As you can see, I got pretty excited about quite a few of these titles! 

Which ones are you most excited for?

6 comments:

  1. ahhh that's awesome you had a chance to go to your first publisher event! i bet there will be many more now that you're in toronto and i'm a tad jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so exciting!!! You're invited to come along if you're here during any of them. ;D haha Plus, I'll tell you about them!!!

      Delete
  2. I totally forgot this was happening!! So awesome you got to go and share your experience! So now you've only been living in Toronto a month and you've already visited two different publishing offices?? :D:D So cool. And ERMAHGERD TRUTHWITCH!! The buzz surrounding that one has been insane and I'm already SO excited to read it! If you read it soon, please let me know what you think in as non-spoilers a way as possible - I want to know if it really is as good as everyone has been saying. And then there are all the other books you got to hear about - loads of interesting sounding titles! I think I'm especially interested in Riders because HORSES!! But yeah :) It's so great to hear that your first publishing event was such a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually at the Toronto Reference Library. Raincoast Books is located in BC. :D I have been getting to see different offices though. Kobo first, then HarperCollins Canada, and tomorrow I get to see Thomas Allen & Son! :D I will definitely let you know about TRUTHWITCH!!! And I would never spoil you. ;) unless it's the good spoiling with books, tea, and fun stuff...but actual spoilers! NEVER! YES!!! I'm so excited about Riders, too!!! I was really hoping it was going to be in my baggie! Oh well! I'll just have to wait eagerly for it. :P It definitely was!! :D

      Delete
  3. OMG it's stuff like this that makes me wish I lived in you and Aylee's neck of the woods so I could attend bookish events like this with you all! It looks like such an amazing event. If I hadn't been lucky enough to get an arc of Truthwitch through Raincoast already, I'd be DYING of envy right now XD As it is, you just reminded me that I need to read that bad boy soon - the release date is approaching faster than I realized.

    You have a bunch of other titles that look/sound awesome here: I still need to read Winner's Curse but YAY Winner's Kiss and Thief of Lies and These Vicious Masks especially :D Enjoy all your goodies^^

    PS- I've been following you on IG and Twitter for ever it seems, and I was SURE I followed your blog but when I stopped by I realised I wasn't! WTH - no wonder your posts never came up on my feed o_O Anyways, fixed it and am now following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to go to them now since in Alberta, they are pretty infrequent! Yup!!! January will be here sooner than we think!!!

      It was great getting to hear about all of the titles that's for sure! I definitely added quite a few books to my to-read list! Now I just need to get my hands on them! ;) haha I'm really excited for Truthwitch though, so I'll definitely enjoy it!

      haha good to hear!! I'm not sure if I'm following your blog yet, so I'll definitely have to go check!

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D