Saturday 9 July 2011

Review: Intern With the Vampire (Vampire General #1) by Kit Iwasaki

Source: Received ebook from publisher for an honest review.
Publisher: 1889 Labs Ltd.
 Release Date: Already Released.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Human medicine is easy. On her first day at Grace General Hospital, new intern Aline Harman risks vampire infection, demonic possession, and having her heart torn out of her chest... and this from her colleagues.

Juggling transhuman politics only becomes more difficult when a patient's life is at stake. With a zombie to resuscitate and a mermaid in critical care, Aline has her hands full. At least the doctors are good-looking.



The best way to describe Intern with the Vampire, is a hospital drama where the patients and doctors are supernatural beings rather than humans. The beginning of this book had me cracking up, and I definitely smiled. It reminded me of pretty much every hospital drama or soap opera that I've ever watched. Within the first page two characters are in a supply closet...and they aren't looking for supplies.Of course, since they're doctors they got interrupted by a page. It was definitely entertaining though, and so was the rest of the book. :)

I thought that Intern with the Vampire was an interesting mix of paranormal and the familiar hospital drama. I thought Aline was a fantastic character, and the majority of the book was in her point of view, however, there were a couple of chapters that had different narrators. The switch to different narrators was a fantastic device. It added some extra tension, and I loved that we got to learn what happened to the one character through a patient's wife's eyes rather than through the doctor operating on him, it made seeing what happened to the patient become even more personal and I loved that. :D

I think that lots of people would love this story. It was funny, refreshing, and definitely unique. :)
The next book in the Vampire General series, Slash and Burn, comes out later this month (July 2011). I can't wait for Slash and Burn...Intern with the Vampire ended on with a killer cliffhanger. :P

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering the PD and OS giveaway! And the banner - I KNOW! I love it! HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thanks to my friend, Pat from iRandom Blogger

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds really cool, would love to read that :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Momo: Awe! Well thanks for hosting it, I"m happy to enter! Oh, she's pretty talented then. :D

    @noiashui: It was pretty cool, and I hope you get the chance to read it. :D You're welcome, and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D