Wednesday 30 March 2011

Review: Red Glove by Holly Black

Source: eGalley from Simon and Schuster's GalleyGrab
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
 Release Date: April 5, 2011
(Click this link to go to Red Glove's Goodreads page.)

I absolutely loved White Cat, and when I saw that Red Glove was available through Simon and Schuster's GalleyGrab I jumped at the chance to read it! And even though I've already read Red Glove, I'm going to be sure to get myself a copy of it on April 5th when it comes out! :D

In White Cat, I totally became smitten with Cassel, and I just wanted to give him a hug the whole time, the poor guy just never seems to catch a break. I absolutely love his name too, and his brother Barron's...their names rule...anyways, after I finished White Cat, I was desperate to read more, Red Glove couldn't come fast enough!

The Curse Workers series is addictive, and it's an interesting mix of paranormal with mystery and action. I absolutely love the fact that it has a male narrator, I love Cassel and I love being inside of his head. He has such an interesting perspective in his world, he's an outsider, yet even amongst outsiders he doesn't really belong. The Curse Workers series is almost like a paranormal Sopranos, except with a little more focus on the younger generation instead of the mob bosses. My mom got me hooked on the Sopranos, and I love that these books have that whole crime family feel to them.

There are some amazing characters in this series, from Cassel's grandfather, to his brothers, to his friends at school, some are workers and some aren't. Cassel already knows when most people are workers, so as a reader you're pretty informed. You feel like you have insider knowledge, and it's like you're within the inner workings of the crime system yourself. 

Red Glove, was just as addictive as White Cat...I don't want to give anything away though, but if you loved White Cat, you definitely want to read Red Glove. It had some romance, it had some actions, some stake-outs, some make-outs (yes, that rhyme was cheesy, yet also on purpose haha), and it had some crazy twists! Red Glove had me hooked from the first page, and I couldn't stop reading! Now I can't wait until Black Heart...it's gonna be a long wait :P

Here are a few other links:
Short Story From Lila's Perspective
Website to get help if you've been worked
(It's pretty informative if you haven't already read White Cat too :D )
Holly Black's Twitter
Holly Black's Livejournal

Goodreads links to other books in the Curse Workers Series:
White Cat ---The First book in the series.
Black Heart --- The next book in the series, the cover hasn't been released yet, but you can be sure that I'll post it once it has. :)

Have you read White Cat? Are you excited for Red Glove?
If you haven't read either yet, I definitely recommend them, Holly has a way with words and I hope that you'll love this series as much as I do! :D

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I love Cassel as well. In fact, I love the entire world that Holly has created. I finished an arc of Red Glove a couple days ago and I'll be posting my review next Monday. I'll definitely be buying a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read Red Glove yet (though I'm dying to) but I completely agree about just wanting to hug Cassel - he's so mistreated, I feel so bad for the guy! I do adore him. Thanks for the great review - you've got me wanting to read this even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Honey: Thanks :) He is an awesome dude haha and Holly's written a wonderful world in this series that's for sure. :) Awesome, I'll have to check out your review on Monday then :) Me too! :D

    @Liz. R: He definitely has been! I do too. :) You're welcome, and thanks for reading it! I'm glad that I made you want to read it even mroe :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D