Wednesday 2 March 2011

Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


As I've professed countless times, I love Cassandra Clare and the Mortal Instruments, so I was extremely excited to read Clockwork Angel. I loved the idea of different Shadowhunters in another time period. The fact that some of the characters in Clockwork Angel, and in the upcoming Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess, are related to characters in the Mortal Instruments series is pretty freaking awesome too. I'm very excited to see Cassandra Clare's family trees once she's finished both series. I love that there are people that we will recognize in the Infernal Devices Trilogy, and I'm excited to see future references to the newer characters from this series in the Mortal Instruments. :D

I absolutely loved Clockwork Angel, and I think that most fans of Cassandra Clare will too. There's a boy for everyone to love in this series, and once again Clare has written a truly remarkable heroine. Tessa is a booklover, so she's extremely easy to relate with, and she's also just discovering the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders, but I won't spoil it and tell you from what perspective (Mundane, Shadowhunter, Downworlder, etc.). We learned a lot about things through Clary in the Mortal Instruments, but with Tessa we learn even more. She's incredibly curious, and asks tonnes of questions, which I loved...because I totally would've been asking the same massive amount of questions. I love Tessa, she's an amazing character, and I can't wait to get to know her even better in the future books! :)

Oh the boys in this book were just amazing too! I love the boys that Cassie writes! Jace is my number one fictional crush, and the boys in Infernal Devices definitely gave him a run for his money. Will and Jem couldn't be more different, yet they're best friends, somehow that makes both of them way more awesome than they are apart. After all...who doesn't love a good bromance! Will is clearly the bad boy of the series, while Jem is the sensitive, quiet type. The fact that Jem cares so much for Will immediately made me assume that he was amazing because otherwise Jem wouldn't care about him so much, and vice versa for Will. Will doesn't seem to love anyone, but he loves Jem, which then made me think that Jem was also amazing. The further I got into the book, the more their awesomeness grew. I'm a huge Jem fan, but Will totally stole my heart. What can I say...I'm a sucker for a sarcastic, and hot guy who obviously has a torrid and disturbed past. And MAGNUS! I love Magnus, and I was so excited when I got to the part in Clockwork Angel where he popped up!

Once again, Cassandra Clare has created some amazing characters that I immediately fell in love with! I'm so excited to get to know them even better as the rest of the trilogy unfolds. :D


Here are the Goodreads pages for the rest of the Infernal Devices Trilogy:

You can get your own copy of Clockwork Angel here:


Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D