Monday 28 August 2017

Review: CHASING RED (Red #1) by Isabelle Ronin

Source: Received from Netgalley.
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: September 5, 2017


Description:
Find out why millions of readers love Chasing Red

Chasing Red is the Wattpad phenomenon with over 130 million reads, and one million reads each week. Revised and with new original content, it will be published in two volumes, Chasing Red and Always Red. New readers and fans alike will fall in love with Red and Caleb--over and over again.

HER HEART MIGHT BE THE ONE THING HE CAN'T WIN...
When cynical straight-A college student Veronica "Red" Strafford gets kicked out of her apartment, notorious basketball player Caleb Lockhart offers her a place to stay. Intensely drawn to her, Caleb wants something for the first time in his life. But Veronica's painful past makes trusting difficult, and her heart might just be the one thing Caleb can't win.

They said she was going to be my ruin...then let her ruin me.
Purchase Links:
Indigo | Kobo | Amazon.ca | Amazon.com

REVIEW

Well, well, well! This book was a crazy whirlwind and I loved every moment of it! CHASING RED is described as addictive and that's so incredibly fitting—I couldn't put it down!!

I know not everyone enjoys romances with dual POVs, but I've always been loved them. I love getting to see both sides of the romance and I love knowing what's going on in both characters' heads. In this case, I thought that the dual POV worked perfectly! I loved seeing what Caleb was thinking and I loved getting to see Veronica/Red's thoughts, too! I loved both characters so much, and Caleb is definitely on my ever-growing list of book boyfriends. ;)

As I said, I loved getting to see Caleb's POV, too. He's a bit of an open book so he wasn't as hard to read as Red was, but I loved seeing him work through his feelings for her. I pretty much loved everything about Caleb though, he was charismatic, generous, and funny and goofy--he was constantly making me smile. He wasn't experienced when it came to relationships, but he was honest and so adorable when he was trying to show Red how much he cared...seriously my feelings were constantly on high alert and I said "Awww Caleb" more times than I can count. :p

Now that I've gushed about Caleb, I have to let you know that I loved Red, too. I don't want to get into too much detail about her though because I'm trying to avoid any spoilers, but she does have trust issues and I admired her for how she tried to move away from her past. I still feel like she's a bit of a mystery, but I loved her sense of humour and I loved how she interacted with Caleb and her friends. I loved her friends Kara and Beth and Caleb's best friend, Cameron, too. I'm most looking forward to seeing more of Red and Caleb in the sequel, but I'm thrilled to get more of their friends, too.

So I've gushed about the characters, but now, you're wondering about the story right? The story was definitely dramatic, which I'm not always a fan of, but I liked it here. It kept me on my toes and I couldn't stop reading because I NEEDED to know what would happen next. It seems to be a bit of a trend that romances that are broken up into duets or series like this end on crazy cliffhangers and this one wasn't an exception to that. The ending hit me right in the feels. It left me desperate for the sequel and now I'm just going to be sitting her waiting for ALWAYS RED because I need to know what happens next for Caleb and Red...I need to know you guys!

If you can't tell...I loved CHASING RED! It wasn't perfect (what book is really?), but it was exactly what I wanted in a slow-burning new adult romance! It was intense, full of drama, and it gave me so many feelings. It made me gush and grin when it was sweet and it tore at my heartstrings when the drama was in full-swing! I loved every single moment of this book and if you love slow-burn, sweet yet sexy romances full of drama, I think you'll love this one too! ;)



This book comes out next week, and the sequel is out a couple of months later, on November 7th!

What do you think?
Does Chasing Red sound like a book you'd like?
Who's excited for Chasing Red to release?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D