Friday 2 May 2014

Monthly Recap: So...what happened in April? #Recap


I've decided that I'm going to start doing recap posts every month. I'll probably mix the format up lots, but I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the stuff that I found exciting, what I read, and what I've been kind of obsessed with over the month...so this is what I've done in January! :D

What I did this month:

This month was pretty crazy for me! I finished my classes for the semester, and then wrote my finals...and with all of that, I completed the final semester for my Bachelor of Arts degree!!! :D I still don't quite feel like it's finished, but I'm definitely super happy about it! My Convocation date is early June, and I'm pretty excited! :D

What I read this month:

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga #2) by Cassandra Clare and Hyekyung Baek
If Only by A.J. Pine
The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
 Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters #2) by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Love, Stargirl (Stargirl #2) by Jerry Spinelli
Matilda by Roald Dahl
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski
Unnatural (Holloway Pack #4) by J.A. Belfield
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #2) by Ann Brashares
Legacy Code (Legacy Code Saga #1) by Autumn Kalquist
Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #3) by Ann Brashares
Iron King #3 (The Iron Fey Manga #3) by Julie Kagawa,
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood #4) by Ann Brashares
Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood #5) by Ann Brashares
Hold Me Tight (Take Me Now #3) by Faith Sullivan

 I got a tonne of reading done this month!!! FIFTEEN!!! Whew!! Yay!! :D I kind of went on a binge read and devoured the last four books in the Sisterhood series. :P I also read a bunch of ones I was really anticipating, like The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line, Hothouse Flower, The Winner's Curse, Unnatural, and Hold Me Tight! For the most part, I loved these books! I think the only one I was disappointed with was Love, Stargirl...it was just so different from Stargirl, and I really didn't like the format. It was written as a really, really long letter, but it read more as daily or almost-daily journal entries. April was an awesome reading month though! :D

What I watched this month:

- I watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier twice (and rewatched Captain America), and I loved it both times!! :D I also religiously watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this month! I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, so I'm always super excited for any movies, or information coming out about their stuff! :D
- I finally caught up to season 4 of MTV's Awkward!! I'm a huge fan of the show, but I fell a bit behind, and had to watch half of season 3 and start the new season! :D
- I watched Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters, and I liked it. I wonder if they'll continue with the movies...I know most people were a bit shocked when they made the second one, so I guess we'll see if the third one gets made. :P
- I watched Transcendence -- It was okay, but I have to be honest, this was one of those movies that I wouldn't have been too upset if I hadn't watched it. I just felt like a lot of it was filler, and unnecessary, but the story was definitely interesting...and kinda freaky. haha



And that's all I really did this month! School pretty much dominated most of it, and then I totally went crazy with reading once I got some free time! haha   

 What was your April like?
Did you do anything exciting?

2 comments:

  1. yay really great month especially considering you had exams etc. AND CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING DONE WOOOOOT!

    I am definitely interested in reading The Winner's Curse! I had a little Sisterhood marathon a year or two ago myself, those books are so much fun. She has a new YA I think that I want to check out too. Happy May Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! :D THANK YOU!!! And it was a good month!

      It's soooo good!! They are fun! Hmmm, I'll have to look into it! :D Thanks, and the same to you!

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D