Tuesday 1 April 2014

Monthly Recap: So...what happened in March? #Recap


I've decided that I'm going to start doing recap posts every month. I'll probably mix the format up lots, but I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the stuff that I found exciting, what I read, and what I've been kind of obsessed with over the month...so this is what I've done in January! :D

What I did this month:

This month was super weird for me! I always get more lethargic as the end of the semester approaches, especially during the Winter semester, and this time around it's been bad! I've just felt super duper lazy! On the plus side, I've kept up with my readings at the very least, but I haven't really been reading a lot outside of my class readings. I think it's because I actually got together with friends quite a bit this month, which has been pretty awesome...and I watched a whole lot of movies!

What I read this month:

This month I read six books...so, not too bad, but I definitely wanted to read more. :P Here's hoping I get a lot more read in April because I am super behind in my Goodreads challenge. haha

These are the books I read this month: 

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Night Games by Collette West
Persuasion by Jane Austen

Four of these books are for my classes...so I'm definitely serious in saying that I was doing class readings this month, and I'm feeling chatty, so I'm going to share a bit about each book. :P
  • I did finally end up finishing Frankenstein, and I liked it. I didn't really love it or anything, but I did enjoy it. I think if I ever reread it, I'll try the 1818 version because the one I read was the 1831 version of text, and it was modified quite a bit. For all I know, the differences that were made could've been the reason that I wasn't a huge fan. :P 
  • I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep for my Comparative Literature class on Science Fiction and I really enjoyed it! It was different, but very interesting. 
  • I finally read The Fault in Our Stars this month, too!!! :D It made me sob like a baby, but I still absolutely loved it, and I can't wait to see the movie!  
  • Oryx & Crake was also for my Sci-fi class, and I wasn't really a huge fan. I just found the main character so unlikable that I just didn't enjoy it all that much. I did like it, but more because I thought that Atwood's world was so intricate and interesting, and I really enjoyed reading about the Crakers, too...but seriously, she could've done so much better with Jimmy. :S
  • I really enjoyed Night Games! It was a light, easy read, and a sports romance, so I had a blast reading it. :)
  • PERSUASION!!! :D It's been too long since I've read on of Austen's books! I reread Persuasion for my Romantic Lit class, and I loved reading it again!!! :D It's been a while since I first read this one, so I loved my little "revisit" when I reread it this time around. :D

What I watched this month:

Like I said, I saw A LOT of movies this month! I watched Veronica Mars twice, saw That Awkward Moment and Pompeii with my friend Alisa, and I saw Divergent with one of my good friends and fellow Edmonton blogger, Cassie, from Vamps, Weres, and Cassay! I also watched some movies for my film studies class, and I finally caught up on the BITTEN tv show, and The Carrie Diaries! Plus, I watched Frozen several times (I'm not telling you specifically how many :P) since I bought it! haha :)

I gushed over movies in these posts this month: 

What else did I do:

I didn't do a whole lot this month. I'm getting closer to the end of my undergraduate degree, so keeping up with school has pretty much been dominating everything other than my movie watching this month. ;P haha I really did enjoy getting to catch up with so many friends this month though! It made the month go by so quickly though....and I must admit, I'm starting to get an eensy bit nervous about finishing my BA. :P I'm trying to not stress and get nervous though! haha

I did interview two of my favourite characters from Krista and Becca Ritchie's Addicted series and spin-off books this month though, and it's one of my favourite blog posts ever! So, here's the link to my Ryke & Daisy Character Interview -- just a warning, Ryke likes to use a certain word beginning with the letter "F" just in case you're sensitive to swearing :P

So, my March was dominated by movies, what did you do this month?
Anything exciting????

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I remember how hard it was to concentrate during my last semester of my undergraduate degree. Next to impossible! I was just ready to be done and also felt so lazy during that time... just think: you have just one final push and then you're done! You're free! Think how good it will feel when summer has started and you are without stress and are satisfied with a job well done :) You can do it!

    You get to read some really interesting-looking books for your classes! Glad to hear you mostly enjoy them, as well. And you read The Fault in Our Stars! STILL need to read that one, myself. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's exactly how I've been feeling!!! Soooo close!!! Awww, I can't wait! I'll have different stresses, but it'll be nice to get a brief break! haha

      Ya, I've definitely liked the books I've been reading this semester for the most part! :) Yes...finally! haha I even had it pre-ordered, and just read it...silly me :P Hopefully, then we can talk about it, too! :)

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D