Wednesday 5 February 2014

Review: More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #2) by Kelly Oram

More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #2) by Kelly Oram
Source: Received an ebook from the author for an honest review.
Publisher: Bluefields
Release Date: Already Released.
Number of Pages: 342


Description from Goodreads:
Jamie Baker, the only girl in the world with superpowers, has now accepted who she is and learned to control her power. Not to mention she has the best boyfriend on the planet. Life is finally looking good. But the day she witnesses an accident and decides not to save the guy out of fear of being exposed, she realizes that simply being Jamie Baker isn't enough.

After seeing Jamie so wrecked with guilt, the ever-helpful Ryan Miller decides it's time to make all of his fantasies about turning his girlfriend into an honest-to-goodness superhero become a reality.

Of course, coming up with a decent Super Name and fending off all of Ryan's attempts to get her into spandex aren't the only problems Jamie faces. The more her alter ego starts to make headlines, the harder it becomes for Jamie to hide her extracurricular activities from her best friend, the government, radical scientists, and the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend.
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system I can move on. I LOVED More Than Jamie Baker, but the ending was probably one of the most brutal cliffhangers that I've ever read...and Remember Jamie Baker seriously cannot come out fast enough! :P

Now, onto a more coherent review. :P I absolutely LOVED the first book in this trilogy, Being Jamie Baker, so when I got the chance to read More Than Jamie Baker, I jumped at the chance...and I don't regret it one bit! :D

At times, I will admit, I was totally frustrated with this book. I love Jamie, I so do...but sometimes that girl just puts her trust in ALL the wrong people. At the same time, I always understand why she does it. Jamie may be too trusting at times, or a bit naive, but she's incredibly easy to understand and empathize with. She's one of my favourite heroines, and I absolutely adored every single Ryan and Jamie moment that there was...they're definitely one of my favourite YA couples. I just love how much they care for each other, and the passion...WOWZA! You know you've got steamy chemistry when your kisses blow up lightbulbs! ;D haha They also have awesome banter...seriously, they are never boring, and I love it! :D

Along with the awesome Ryan and Jamie bits, I just loved seeing Jamie grow. She's become so much more mature and confident in herself since we first met her in Being Jamie Baker. I'm always extremely happy to see her put herself out there and just take chances that she wouldn't have before. I also totally love when she tries to figure out more about her powers and see what else she is capable of...it's just so fascinating and all-around awesome!!! I love that it mixes my ginormous love for superheroes into a super-awesome book series with one wonderful main character...and Ryan, he's totally a super-boyfriend, too. ;)

I'm not going to go into too much detail about plot or anything with this one because I think it's more fun to figure out for yourself while reading, but you'll definitely face a few twists as you read...and you may or may not be surprised by everything that goes on, it kinda depends how good you are at figuring it all out. ;) But, there are definitely twists, so expect that! haha

Overall, I loved More Than Jamie Baker!! Yes, the cliffhanger was super brutal, but rest assured, there is another book (don't worry guys, Kelly wouldn't leave us hanging like that!!!), and I have tonnes of faith that everything will turn out for the best! I'd recommend this trilogy to fans of superheroes, or just fans of awesome heroines who can take care of themselves! Although, Jamie's boyfriend is pretty fantastic. haha ;)

What do you think?
Does this trilogy sound like something you'd like to read?
If you have read it, what do  you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. This series sounds like a lot of fun. I'd definitely like to give it a try. Superpowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you'd love this series! Jamie is super awesome!! And while there is romance, it doesn't make her all sappy! ;D haha

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D