I've decided that I'm going to start doing recap posts every month. I'll probably mix the format up lots, but I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the stuff that I found exciting, what I read, and what I've been kind of obsessed with over the month...so this is what I've done in January! :D
What I did this month:
- I spent my Christmas holidays at my parents' house and I got lots of family and puppy time! :)
- I got together with some of the lovely Edmonton Book Bloggers for our Christmas meetup, and was spoiled by my secret santa, Mandy (from Forever Young Adult)! :D
- I became completely obsessed with DOCTOR WHO!!! And since I'm totally smitten with David Tennant now, I'm giving myself a small break so that I can deal with the Doctor's regeneration. I'm finished Season 4 of the newer series of the show, and have paused until I'm ready to move on.
And check out my awesome pink Tardis phone case that I just got:
- I started my very last semester for my Bachelor of Arts degree!!! Exciting...but also a bit nerve-wracking. I'm in the last stretch guys, and then real life begins!!!
- My awesome friend, Zoë (from In the Next Room and Writing Whimsy) and I are planning out a year-long read-a-long with a ginormous list of books that we'd both like to read this year, and that we'll discuss once we finish. We also might turn it into a blog thing, so we'll see about that. :)
We just finished our first book, too!
What I read this month:
Addicted for Now (Addicted #2) by Krista and Becca Ritche
Shaken Not Stirred (Mixology #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Forever Loved (Forever Series #2) by Deanna Roy
Holiday Games (Play by Play #6.5) by Jaci Burton
Master Zacharius by Jules Verne
Solaris by Stanislaw Lem
Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Devil's Frost (Spellspinners of Melas County #3) by Heidi R. Kling
Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
I ended up reading 9 books total this month, plus a few excerpts of books for some of my classes, and textbooks of course. :P All in all, I was pretty happy with reading nine because I totally was in a slump for a bit, but I think I'm finally out of it!!! :D
I also read some amazing books this month! Addicted for Now, Forever Loved, Kiss the Sky, and Salvage were all amazing!!! :D
What I watched this month:
- DOCTOR WHO -- As mentioned, I became obsessed!!!
- I, FRANKENSTEIN --- It was kind of strange at times, but I did enjoy it. I liked how they were adjusting the story of Frankenstein. I'm also doing the book in two of my classes, so I found this movie even more interesting because of that.
- THE BUTLER -- I watched this one with my mom, and while it wasn't really a movie I expected to love, I did really enjoy it. It was incredibly interesting, and was a beautiful film.
- SHERLOCK!!!!!!! -- I resisted watching Sherlock until it was on PBS, so now I'm devouring it every week!!! :D I seriously missed this show so much! :D
- DOWNTON ABBEY -- I've already watched season 4, and discussed it with my Downton Abbey bestie, Eilidh from Recovering Potter Addict, but I'm rewatching the season now, and I'm loving it all over again! :D
- My shows are all coming back on from their midseason breaks!!! NASHVILLE, and GRIMM in particular are ones that I've been eagerly awaiting!!! I also can't wait for ONCE UPON A TIME to come back on!!! :D
I had some fun with Grimm/David Giuntoli gifs in my Forever Loved posts this month, and my EBB pal, Mandy, really enjoyed them, so here's a gif of David Giuntoli just for you, Mandy! ;D
What else did I do:
- I painted my nails a bunch...and am super hooked on Julep's nail polish right now! ;D
- I also drank lots and lots of tea from David's Tea. :P
I'm thinking of posting on my blog about tea a bit (and maybe nails too even :D), but I haven't decided how yet. Keep an eye peeled for some blog changes some time soon! :D
Okay, so that's a bit of what I did in January! I had a pretty great month...it went WAYYYY too fast though! haha I hope January was great for you, too!
Cheers! It's been a bit chilly here lately, and I know it's been cold lots of other places, too, so I hope you've got a warm cup of tea waiting for you, as well!
Here's to an awesome, February! :)
What did you do in January?
Did you read any great books,
become obsessed with any shows,
or just do something seriously awesome? :)