Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters
(Monsters in the Dark #2)
Publication date: December 15th 2013
“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right.”Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster..
Purchase: Amazon (Not available until December 15th.)
Q&A with Pepper Winters
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve know it for a while. Ever since I’d get grounded by my dad for reading too much. My favourite part of school was writing essays and short stories.
- How long does it take you to write a book?
Tears of Tess took me 7 weeks from first word to publication and Quintessentially Q has taken me 4 weeks for a 111,000 book. It’s with my editor now. I’m lucky that I can write quick, but then I suffer with edits and making sense of my scribbles. :)
- What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I took a month off to write QQ all the time. So I do about 2 hours of catching up on messages and emails in the morning and then write, with small breaks on FB through the day. :) I normally start around 11 am and don’t stop till about 10pm what with social marketing and other things that go along with writing. It really is a full time occupation.
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I have to have at last one class of Coke Zero while I’m writing and I have to have complete quiet.
- How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher)
I self published Tears of Tess and plan to do so for all my work. I love the freedom and flexibility.
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
They just pop into my head and the characters take me on a whirlwind journey that I just jot down as they tell me. :)
- When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I was about 7 when I wrote my first book. It was terrible. I didn’t start finding my groove until 4-5 years ago.
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Read, relax, hang with my hubby, travel. :)
- What does your family think of your writing?
Up until Tess started to sell no one in my family really understood why I spent SO many hours glued to my laptop. They couldn’t see why I dedicated myself to something so compulsively. Now they’re very supportive. However, my hubby has always been there for me. Without him I probably wouldn’t have had the confidence to dedicate so much time to getting my craft under control. :)
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That people like my work. That was the best thing ever!
- How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written six total but plan to write a LOT more.
- Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Keep at it. Just keep trying, keep improving. Read blog forums on general pitfalls of writing and get some beta readers. :) I owe my life to my critique partners.
- Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Yes, I hear from them on a daily basis which is awesome. They’re all amazing and I love hearing how my book has affected them. I try to keep up with every FB message, tweet, email, and share. I value each of my readers more than they know.
- Do you like to create books for adults?
Oh yes. I love writing sex. I would never survive writing for young adults LOL
- What do you think makes a good story?
Something that makes you feel every range of emotion possible.
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Be a writer. :) Living the dream.
Teasers!!I've got some great teasers for! :D I hope you enjoy them!
Goddammit, she said I scarred her soul… would she let me scar her skin?Tess stood in front of me. Her toned legs splayed, hands on her hips. So proud and regal in her own body. I couldn’t tear my eyes away. My mouth went dry as the beast inside prowled and hurled itself against the cage, trying so hard to get at her. To rip her. Ravage her.
Individual Tour Stop
- Prize: One (1) ebook copy of Quintessentially Q
- Open internationally.
- Giveaway ends January 3rd at 11:59 PM (MST)
TO ENTER FILL OUT THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW:
Have you read Tears of Tess (the first book in the Monsters in the Dark series) yet?
Even if you haven't read Tears of Tess yet, are you looking forward to Quintessentially Q?