Wednesday 19 June 2013

Review: Crushed by Dawn Rae Miller

 Source: Received a copy of the book from the author for an honest review.
 Publisher: FinnStar Publishing
Release Date: Already released.
 Number of Pages: 268 (Paperback)

 Description from Goodreads:
For seventeen-year-old serial womanizer Fletch Colson, life is a game and if he plays by the rules, he’ll win it all: his dream college, his parents’ money, and a hot (if a little vapid) girl on his arm. Really, it couldn’t be easier. All he has to do is get good grades, live a privileged boarding school life, and try not to mess up too much.

However, when he accepts the seemingly impossible bet to change his ways and be “just friends” with smart, beautiful, tempting Ellie Jacobs – a girl who seems hell bent on confusing him - Fletch’s whole world is turned upside down.

Suddenly, what seemed simple and clear, no longer feels right and Fletch must decide if winning it all is worth losing a piece of himself.

CRUSHED is a New Adult book. It has profanity and sexual situations, and is intended for ages 16+.

I have to admit, most of the books that I read have female protagonists, so whenever I read a book with a male protagonists, I find it a little refreshing...especially when I enjoy the character, and I absolutely adored Fletch! :D

Fletch is a ladies man and he really has no problem with that, and sometimes that kind of persona can be a bit off-putting with male narrators, but for Fletch--it worked! It worked because Fletch was so forthright and honest, and while he did hook up with a lot of girls, it wasn't all he wanted and it wasn't all he thought about either. I loved that Fletch was so confident, but also vulnerable at the same time. I also loved seeing him become friends with Ellie. It allowed him to become an even better character, and it gave him a way to look introspectively into his own life and decide on what he wanted to be like in his future.

I thought that Crushed was an amazing story. It was funny, and the characters were fantastic. Fletch is easily one of my favourite male narrators of all time; I loved his friends, especially Ellie. I loved seeing Fletch grow up, and I adored seeing his perspective on his budding friendship with Ellie. Overall, I just loved everything! Crushed was a wonderful story, an incredibly enjoyable read, and I fully recommend it! I especially think you'll enjoy this one if you like male narrators, and if you like when your narrators are flawed, but also willing to learn and grow. :)

What do you think?
Does Crushed sound like your type of story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D