I have to say, I'm proud to be Canadian! I love where I'm from, and I feel incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful country. I love that I can drive a couple of hours and see the mountains, that I have lakes so close to me, and that if I wanted to, I could drive a little longer and reach the ocean...and along any of those trips, I know I'll get to see some extremely beautiful views!
For instance, here are a few pictures that I took on the drive from Edmonton to my parents' house in my small town just a short while ago:
These 2 are a few from the passenger seat that I shot of the bright green grass and the fluffy clouds...I'm a sucker for fluffy clouds, and since we're so high above sea level near Edmonton, we have some lovely fluffy clouds pretty often! And sometimes...I still try to find shapes in them. haha :D
|Just coming into town ;)|
Now that I've rambled a bit about Canada and showed you some pictures, I'll get on to the reason you're here: the giveaway! ;D
So, I'm gonna have two winners for this giveaway, and each one will get to pick a book worth up to $15 (CAN) from the Book Depository, but there is one catch...the book must be written by a Canadian author! :)
Here's a quick list of a few Canadian authors that I really enjoy:
- Kelly Armstrong
- Lesley Livingston
- Margaret Atwood
- Michael Ondaatje
And here are a few lists that can help you find more Canadian authors:
- Well Known People Who Happen to be Canadian - Authors
- Wikipedia List of Canadian Writers
- Popular Canadian Authors' Books (Goodreads List)
- 2 Winners
- Each winner will get a book of their choice worth up to $15 (CAD) as long as it's written by a Canadian Author (You can find out if an author is Canadian easily enough ---I've listed a few above, and provided some links to pages that will help you find even more. ;D)
- Winners will be chosen using Rafflecopter and will be contacted via email
- Each winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner is drawn
- Ends July 12th at 11:59 PM (MST)
Also, the Canada Day Blog Hop is co-hosted by Aislynn (Stick - Read - Cook), Chrystal (Snowdrop Dreams of Books), and Carmel (Rabid Reads).
TO ENTER FILL OUT THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW:
YOU CAN ALSO FIND THE REST OF THE BLOGS PARTICIPATING IN THE CANADA DAY BLOG HOP HERE:
Now for some questions to help you think of something you'd like to comment on...
If you're Canadian, what do you love about being Canadian?
If you're not Canadian, what's one weird stereotype that you've heard about Canada or Canadians that you've always wanted to know the truth about?
Do you have a favourite Canadian author? Artist? Actor?
What are your Canada Day long-weekend plans? ;)