10. Eat an entire Junior’s cheesecake by myself. Merpeople don’t believe in dairy, apparently. And I don’t care how open minded I can be, I’m not going near whale milk.
9. Take my mom swimming. She hasn’t been to the ocean in 20 years.
8. Graduate high school. I know, kings don’t need to graduate high school. But it’s a right of passage... right?
7. Take a ride on Toliss Island around the world. It’s a good thing merpeople live a very long time.
6. Help the Landlocked. They’ve been on their own for so long.
5. Climb the parachute tower, all the way to the top, and scream, I’m the king of the seas.
4. But first, I’ve got to be king of the seas.
3. Put an end to Nieve, the sea witch. Family or not, she’s nothing but trouble.
2. I’m thinking about another tattoo. The first one was necessary to help me control my shifting. I want one on my own.
1. Tell Layla...
About the books:
The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1)
For Tristan Hart, everything changes with one crashing wave.
He was gone for three days. Sucked out to sea in a tidal wave and spit back ashore at Coney Island with no memory of what happened. Now his dreams are haunted by a terrifying silver mermaid with razor-sharp teeth.
His best friend Layla is convinced something is wrong. But how can he explain he can sense emotion like never before? How can he explain he's heir to a kingdom he never knew existed? That he's suddenly a pawn in a battle as ancient as the gods.
Something happened to him in those three days. He was claimed by the sea...and now it wants him back.
The Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep #2)
A storm is coming...
The ocean is a vicious place. Deeper and darker than Tristan could have imagined. Beneath its calm blue surface, an ancient battle is churning —and no one is safe.
In the quest for the Sea Throne, Tristan has already watched one good friend die. Now he must lead the rest on a dangerous voyage in search of the trident that will make him king. But while Tristan chases his destiny, the dark forces racing against him are getting stronger, and the sea witch of his nightmares is getting closer.
Battling sea dragons and savage creatures of the deep, Tristan needs his friends' support. But they each have their secrets, and a betrayal will force Tristan to choose between his crown and his best friend Layla — the only girl he's ever loved.
About Zoraida Córdova:
Zoraida Córdova was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador, where she learned to speak English by watching Disney’s The Little Mermaid and Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker on repeat. Her favorite things are sparkly like merdudes, Christmas, and New York City at night.(Description from the author's website, here.)
haha Tristan's Bucket List is definitely infused with his token sense of humour, and I think it tells you a lot about him even if you haven't already read The Vicious Deep or started on its sequel, The Savage Blue.
What do you think of Tristan's Bucket List?
Have you started this series yet?
Any other thoughts to share? :)