Thursday 3 January 2013

Bringing YA to You!!!


Have you ever wished that a big YA book tour would make a stop in your hometown? Well, here's your chance for that wish to come true! YA2U is a program that features five award-winning and best-selling authors who are holding a contest to see what city they should visit in an exclusive tour stop!

The authors are collecting votes from January 1 to February 15, and any city in the continental US or any Canadian city that has an international airport can win an exclusive visit from all five authors, including an author panel and book signing! Entering is super easy--and if you help spread the word about the contest, you can also enter win a signed copy of all of their books (TEN signed books in total!)--and the book contest is open internationally!


And they want to have an event in your home town! To participate, just got to the YA2U website and let them know what city you want them to come to. And while you're there, help spread the word about the contest and you can be entered to win all of their books--TEN signed books in total! 

Here's why the YA2U Team should come to MY hometown! 

I'll be voting for Edmonton for this event because it's the closest city to me...my actual hometown is tiny and wouldn't be an ideal place for this kind of event, but Edmonton would be fantastic! :D

I think the YA2U Team should come to Edmonton, or even another Western Canadian city like Calgary, because we don't get very many events here! In Canada they usually only stop in Ontario and maybe BC, so it would be awesome it we got the chance to experience a great tour like this, plus with the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour I think we showed that we can definitely bring in readers! :D We had one of the biggest turnouts for the whole tour. :) 

Even if Edmonton isn't one of the stops for this tour, I still just have to say that I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity at all! It's great to see authors being so proactive about their tours, and it makes me feel really appreciated as a reader...they really care about what we think! Isn't that awesome? :D

Why should the YA2U Team come to your hometown? Why not join in the fun today and share with others about this program and your hometown. The more votes your town gets, the closer you are to having your very own personal tour stop! Vote for YOUR town here!

And if you help spread the word, you can also participate in the book giveaway. Tell them that you learned about YA2U from me and we both get extra entries in the contest! 

Note: To make it easier on you, here's the contest entry form to enter your city
 
Sorry that this post is a day late guys! I've got a pretty nasty cold right now so my brain's processing things pretty slowly at the moment. :P But, I wanted to make sure you all got the chance to get involved with the YA2U event! So, get your votes in, and maybe you'll get lucky and your city will get a spot! :D 

Don't forget to mention my name if you participate...we both get extra entries then! ;D

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for showcasing our city! :) It'd be great if they could come here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY US! Edmonton baby, we gotta win!

    And I hope you feel better! I was just sick and it sucked, plus on top of that mother nature dropped my gift, SO I know how you're feeling. Plug your nose and drink lemon tea. You'll feel better!

    See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed!!! :D

      Thanks! I'm starting to! Awe, well that really sucks...but hopefully you're better now. :)

      YUP! See you Saturday!!

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D