Sunday 6 November 2011

In My Mailbox (17)

In My Mailbox at The Story Siren

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, and inspired by her friend, Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a way to share the books that you've received over the past week. They could come from the bookstore, the library, a friend, your mailbox or wherever. It gives us all a chance to showcase the books that we've gotten, and maybe give others an idea for the book they want to read or buy next. :)

For Review:

First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci (from Scholastic Canada - unsolicited)
iBoy by Kevin Brooks (from Scholastic Canada - unsolicited)
Practice Cake by Dalya Moon (from Author)
Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand (Netgalley)
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Netgalley)
The Taming by Teresa Toten and Eric Walters (Netgalley)


Thanks for Scholastic Canada, Dayla Moon, and Netgalley this week for providing me with some awesome review copies. :) I'm most excited for Hallowed, although with how busy school has been and will be in the next bit, I probably won't get the chance to read it for a while, but I have an egalley when I have time at least. :D

-------------------------

Library:

That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Love on Cue by Catherine Hapka
by Wendy Toliver
At First Sight by Catherine Hapka

I had to take back some library books and pick up That Summer, and I couldn't resist some of these Simon and Schuster mass market romances when I saw them on the YA shelf. haha I've already read At First Sight, and it was cute, I liked it. :) I like these because they're quick reads and that's really nice to have when you don't have too much spare time to read. :P And this is the last Sarah Dessen that I had on hold for the time being, so I've got 2 more to read, and then I'll have to order in the rest of her books that I haven't read yet. :P Which I may do one at a time because they don't have hold lists, don't want them all showing up at once. :P

-------------------------

Bought for Kindle:
Utterly Charming (Fates #1) by Kristine Grayson
So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead by John Austin

I bought a mass market paperback of one of Kristine Grayson's Fates books, and got it on Kindle while it was free too, and when I saw Utterly Charming on sale, I couldn't resist buying it for my Kindle...same goes with this Zombie handbook. It was the daily Kindle deal the other day, and I figured why not. :P

-------------------------

Thanks again to Scholastic Canada, Dayla Moon, and Netgalley! :D
I had a good mail week. I didn't get much reading done this week though because I was swamped with a few bigger school assignments. I had a 2000-word essay to write on Miley Cyrus for my Music 103 class, and an explication...which takes a lot of analysis and thought. After both of them I was kind of worn out, and I have a midterm next week, and plan on writing a term paper, so hopefully I can squeeze in some reading somewhere, if only to just unwind. :) Oh, but I am going to buy Inheritance next Tuesday, and I can't wait!

What did you get in your mailbox? Feel free to share the link to your IMM in the comments. :)


Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

6 comments:

  1. Great collection of books! I'm so excited to read Hallowed and First Day on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mailbox! I'm reading Unearthly and it's really good!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM! First Day on Earth sounds amazing, Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO Now You're A Zombie looks hilarious! And a couple of the others you got are on my wishlist currently.

    Happy reading!

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul this week, I cant wait to read Under the Never Sky. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D