Saturday 22 October 2011

Fanfic Favourites! :D

Remember how I said that I'd be recommending some fanfiction, or just basically raving over the ones I love, while also pimping my friend's work...well the time is nigh, she's just posted the first chapter of her new story, and I have some awesome recommendations for you! :D


So, my friend paper-fl0wers has posted the first chapter of her newest fic, Raziel's Angel. == Click link to go to Chapter 1! :) This fanfiction is about Jace and Clary from The Mortal Instruments, it's AU (Alternate Universe), but they're still Shadowhunters. It's rated T (Teen), so it's not going to be a racy fic. I know some people don't like those, while others may be disappointed that it isn't one. :P haha I really enjoyed the first chapter, she's set up a world where Clary's grown up as a Shadowhunter, and is the daughter of Luke, not Valentine. Then Jace, is the adoptive son of Valentine. Plus, I love Jace and Clary...so I adore this! :)

If you'd like the description of Raziel's Angel again, its:
Jace and Clary have been best friends since childhood, but a tragic event pushes Jace away from her and forces him to make difficult decisions. He then has to struggle to figure out the difference between what is right and what he's been told is right.
I'm also going to be helping her beta it, by throwing ideas back and forth. Right now, she has limited time to get onto the computer, so it might take a while for new chapters to show up, but I'll keep you updated when new chapters are posted. :)



I also have a couple of my favourite fanfics that I'm going to recommend! These one's are complete, so you can just keep reading until the end if you want to. :P

The first one is by ddpjclaf, who I absolutely love! She's fantastic, and her fics are so amazing! Seriously, you'll be wowed! The one I'm going to recommend today is called, Turbulence. == Click link to go to Chapter 1! :)


It's also about Jace and Clary from The Mortal Instruments (obviously I love TMI fanfics, but I have a huge soft spot for anything by ddpjclaf). This one is rated M (Mature), so it's definitely one that some people might not want to read. It has some pretty serious subject matter, and has some lemony moments, but in general, the M is more for serious stuff, like abuse, etc. This one is AU (Alternate Universe), AH (All Human), OOC (Out of Character), and fluffy (moments that make you go...Awwww, and the kind of kissy scenes that make you go all warm and fuzzy inside). I'm giving you all this lingo so you can understand the descriptions. haha I'm thinking maybe I should just make a whole post on Fanfiction lingo...would that interest anyone?

Turbulence is also posted in completion on its own blog, but I'm going to warn you that there is a music player on it...so don't blame me when the music scares you. haha  Here's the link: Turbulence Blog. You can also find videos, a playlist, and various art for Turbulence on the blog. :)

Here's Turbulence's description:
While dealing with a loss, Clary befriends her new neighbor's troubled foster-son. Can their friendship help them let go of the pain or will their pasts intervene and rip them apart? AU/AH PRETTY OOC. VERY FLUFFY. A wee bit of lemonade.
PS. Jace plays guitar and sings in this one...and he plays soccer. *sigh* Oh, how I love Turbulence Jace. ;) 



And my last recommendation is written by GreenPuma, and it's called Facebook Friends == Click link to go to Chapter 1! :)

This one isn't about TMI! haha This one is a Twilight fic, centered around Edward and Bella. It's AU (Alternate Universe), AH (All Human), and OOC (Out of Character). It's also rated M (Mature), and this one definitely has "adult" material in it, of course, there's also swearing. It's now completed, so you won't have to wait for more chapters. :) I loved this one. I'm a sucker for anything that mentions Facebook...so this story's title had me interested right away, and then I read it, and I was hooked! I love how this fic has Facebook added into it, through statuses, and chats...it's awesome! :D Plus, you'll notice with these recommendations that I mostly read AH and AU fics for Twilight, I'm a sucker for really well written ones.

Here's Facebook Friends' description:
Bella is shocked when her sexy but standoffish lab partner, Edward, friends her on Facebook. Will Alice, convince her to accept Edward's friend request? Or will she write it off as a prank of the conceited, spoiled rich kid she knows him to be?



So, that's my first actual recommendation post for Fanfiction, I hope that at least a few of you are interested, and if you are please let me know! I want to make sure at least one person actually wants some great fanfiction to read! I'm not sure how frequently I'll be doing these posts, but I made a button for it, so you'll know when you see the button that it's about Fanfiction. 

Also, I will only recommend fanfiction that are well written, seriously. I've read some of the ones that aren't, and I've finished them too....I'm one of those people who find it hard to not know how something ends, so I will not put you through that. :P 

I mentioned making a post about Fanfiction lingo, but you might've missed it in my all my words up there, so would anyone be interested in a post exclusively about Fanfiction and it's lingo? You know terms, like OOC, AH, AU, the different ratings, Mary Sue, OTP? If you are let me know, and I'll start compiling one, and I'll research to see if I can find some I don't already know. :)

If you read fanfiction, what do you like to read it about? And what are some of your favourite pairings?

Happy Reading!!!
♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D