Wednesday 21 September 2011

SILENCE is just around the corner...and Contest details!

Okay, so some of you probably have some idea of what this post means...the title is hinting at it after all, but I'm sure some people are extremely confused.

The third book in Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush saga, SILENCE, is almost out!

It comes out on OCTOBER 5th! 
Yes...I know I wrote that really big, but you must know! :P haha


I'm so excited for this book, it isn't even funny! These books are gorgeous...come on, don't lie, if you own this series like I do, you have to admit that they look b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l on the shelf! They're shiny, and I will be honest, I am attracted to shiny things....and abs, I like those too. :P So, in honour of Silence's upcoming release I'm going to tell you about how I discovered this series, and I'll gush a bit about why I like it. 

I'm from a small town, and that means we don't have a bookstore, and the closest bookstore is in Edmonton, where my mom hates driving, so going to the bookstore was always a really rare opportunity for me...unless I got my dad to pick something up for me from there after work, I didn't get much in the way of new books. For years, this never really bothered me, but then my desire to read pretty much exploded. I'd recently finished the Twilight Saga (yes, I know...some of you are rolling your eyes right now and I don't care because I loved it, and I also spent a fair time gushing about it with some people at school...we seriously talked about it nonstop, and I won't lie...it was awesome haha), and I was anxious to read more...and more. First I picked up the House of Night series, which satisfied me for a while...now I don't read the series anymore, but I really enjoyed it then. Then I found the Mortal Instruments, which I'm still in love with, and the fact that I've reread it repeatedly kind of proves that...I rarely reread books now, but this one, I always make time for. :) I continued to search for more books after I finished TMI (back then it was a completed trilogy :P), and one day I stumbled upon Hush, Hush. It was shiny, it had a hot guy on the cover (yes, with abs ;D), and it sounded like an interesting story. I won't lie, the cover totally drew me in. Also, just keep in mind, as I said before, I didn't go to bookstores often, but my mom and I do love to shop at Wal-mart (don't judge....they have everything! Movies, clothes, music, food...and my favourite, books. I still go to Wal-mart and head the book section first ;D), and I'd passed on it once before, but this time I picked it up and I decided I was getting it. Thank goodness they had it at Wal-mart! ;D

I took it home, and of course, I devoured it. It was a great story, and who honestly doesn't love Patch. He's sexy, and mysterious...and he's smart. Who doesn't love hot, smart guys? If you don't....you're missing out. ;) I may have gushed about the covers of this series already, but they is so much more to this series than just nice covers; they tell an amazing story. I love Nora and Patch's story, and I love that Nora stands up for herself, but also has insecurities. 

When I'm reading these books, I honestly find it incredibly easy to relate to Nora. She's smart, but she's not exactly experienced with guys, and so everything with Patch is so overwhelming and everything is so dramatic...she's a teenager, it's supposed to be. I can relate to that so well, I remember going through that. Of course, I've only been out of high school for a few years now, and I started this series when I was still school, but I still find her easy to relate to...even now, after I've tried to distance myself from HS drama. :P I know many people complained about Crescendo and how Nora acted in it, but I understood her. She was confused, and she felt like she'd been betrayed, so she did some things that we probably wouldn't have thought she'd have done in this first book...but what I paid attention to were the circumstances. They've changed a lot between books, and I'm sure that in Silence a lot more in going to happen...and I can't wait to see that.

I'm not even sure what I want to see happen in Silence. I know that I want lots of Patch and Nora, and after the cliffhanger ending in the last book, I'm a bit worried...but I'm crossing my fingers that they can get themselves out of a bad situation. I loved the ending right before the cliffhanger though...so freaking adorable, and it's about time Patch shared some of his secrets with Nora...I'm trying to be very vague about the ending of Crescendo because I don't want to ruin it for any newbies to the series, just know that for me, I was satisfied with how it played out. :)

-------------------------------

CONTEST DETAILS!

Now, onto some contest details that have been shared with me. Simon and Schuster Canada is having a Silence Sweepstake Contest (for Canadians)! Below, I've added the image with the contest details on it, and there's also a link to the Contest for any Canadians who are interested in entering. This would be a great contest to enter for people who are new to the series too, because you can win a whole set of the books! :D


You can enter to win this on Simon and Schuster Canada's website, by filling out this form for the Canadian Silence Sweepstake Contest.

Remember, this giveaway is for Canadian residents only!
Only people living in the GTA are entered into the part to go to Becca's event, but all Canadian residents are eligible to win 1 of 5 signed sets of the series, along with a $50 Garage gift certificate. You can find all of the event details (including the ones I've listed) in the above image, as well as on Simon and Schuster Canada's website. :)

And for any Hush, Hush  or Patch fans, you can also check out Simon and Schuster's Facebook app for the series, where you get to create a picture of Patch and you! Check it out here: PATCH and YOU Facebook App. Even if you don't actually make a picture...the model who plays Patch is very nice to look at...I'm just saying. ;) haha

Good luck to everyone who enters! And I hope that anyone who starts the series enjoys it! :D

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D