Monday 21 February 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (15)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links go to Goodreads. :)

Books I Read Last Week:

  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain


    In case anyone was wondering, I totally managed to finish reading Huckleberry Finn in time for my night class! I was very proud, and kind of upset that it was over to be honest. I started to really enjoy this story. Once you get used to the slang and get into the story, it's very easy to get caught up and lost in it. It definitely won me over in the end. :)


  • Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


    I've had this book waiting for me on Netgalley for a long time now, and I finally read it! I'm actually kind of mad at myself for waiting so long to read. it :P It was an amazing story, and I'm going to get myself a hard copy of this book sometime soon because it just came out last week. I'm waiting until next month though...I promised myself I wouldn't buy any books this month (notice I picked the shortest month...I figured it'd be easier lol). Anyways, I loved this story! I was so wrapped up in it and I'm now officially a bigtime Will fangirl! ;)


  • Red Glove by Holly Black


    I loved White Cat! I've been so anxious to read Red Glove, that when I saw it on Simon and Schuster's galleygrab newsletter, I kind of freaked out a bit. I love Holly's Curse Workers series, it's like a mystery, paranormal and mobster mix, which just totally combines to make awesome. A soon as I started Red Glove I was totally absorbed in the story. It was constantly on my mind until I finished it. I just had to know how this book turned out for Cassel, so I zoomed through it and loved every minute of it. If it isn't already obvious, I'm telling you all now...I totally love Cassel, and I have a major soft spot in my heart for him. :D


  • My Boyfriend is a Monster: #1 I Love Him to Pieces by Evonne Tsang and Janina Gorrissen


    I'm not a big graphic novel reader, but I saw this one on Netgalley and thought it looked awesome. It's about a zombie outbreak caused by a fungus that usually only affects insects. It was funny and pretty cute at times too. And come on...zombies! I love me some zombies! I probably won't review it on my blog, but I'll definitely think of something to post about it on Goodreads. :)



  • Reading Now:
  • Pegasus by Robin McKinley



  • As I said last week, I got this one from the library. I just started it, but I haven't gotten too far, I was pretty absorbed in Angelfire and Red Glove to be honest. lol
  • Cloaked by Alex Flinn


  • Just started this one last night. It's funny so far. I'm on like chapter 4 and I'm definitely enjoying it. :D
    Books I Want to Read This Week:

  • Howards End by E.M. Forester


    This week is my Reading Week, also known as Spring Break for some schools, so I'll be reading a couple of books for school. This is one of them. I need to read the first 16 chapters for my night class.


  • The Logogryph by Thomas Wharton


  • I need to read this book for my other Making Books English class.The author of this book, Thomas Wharton, is a professor at the University of Alberta, so he's actually going to be coming to our class when we talk about his book, so that'll be really neat, also kind of nerve-wracking if we don't like it. :S It's a very pretty book, which is the kind of thing that we focus on in that class, the book as a physical object. :)

    ----------------------------------

    I'm hoping to read way more than just this over the next week because I have it off, but we'll see how it goes. I hope that everyone else with the week off has an awesome and refreshing break! And if it's not too refreshing...I hope you at least have fun. ;D

    So...It's Monday, and what are YOU reading? :)
    You can check out what others are reading at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

    Happy Reading!!!

    ♪♫ Ambur

    2 comments:

    1. Now I want to read Huckleburry Finn again, one of my favourites!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am glad to hear that Cloaked is good - I am reviewing that one for the Fairy Tale event in April :)

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D