Monday 20 December 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (6)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

Books I Read Last Week:
  • The Candidates by Inara Scott
I loved The Candidates, it was a very quick read and I really enjoyed the story. I don't want to ruin the mystery of this book by talking too much about it because I liked figuring things out as I read it, but I thought it was an awesome story, and I can't wait to read the next one. I'm also seriously smitten with the main character's name, Dancia, it's so original and pretty. :)
  • The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
I don't know if you can tell by reading my blog, but I'm one of the unfortunate people with a slight Facebook addiction. I don't have to be doing anything on there, but I always am. Anyways, The Julian Game mentions Facebook a lot, and I won't lie, I totally loved that. This book was pretty short, so it was a really quick read, which was nice to read between study breaks. This book touched on serious topics, while remaining pretty carefree. It finished on a great not, and sends out a great message. It's definitely a story worth reading.

  • Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
I read Leaving Paradise a while ago, I can't quite remember just how long ago, and I really enjoyed it. Caleb and Maggie have such an intricate past and their lives seem to be interwoven. I love their banter and it only got better in Return to paradise. I devoured this baby in a few hours, that's how anxious I was to read it...and during exam time that's really saying something. This was my destressing time. ;) lol
  • Freefall by Mindi Scott
I loved Freefall. I didn't realize it would be such a deep read, but considering the subject matter, I'm really not sure why I was surprised. The characters were awesome in this story, you had the outrageous ones, and some that fit into major stereotypes. Then you had characters like Rosetta who kept you on your toes. I loved how the main character, Seth, seemed to be turning his life around and that he finally realized the choices he was making were his own and that only he was to blame for the consequences. Awesome story, you should definitely check it out. :)
  • Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
I've heard lots of things about this book, definitely mixed things. Going in I wasn't sure which boy I'd prefer either, Gabe or Luc, but since most people seem to love Luc, I decided before I read it I'd be Team Gabe. ;) And for the most part I think I still am, I did really like Luc though, but where Luc was all steam and sex appeal and all that jazz, Gabe was sweet and calming and so dang perfect. I'm a sucker for those angel boys, so I have to say, while Luc is a sexy beast and getting sweeter by the minute, I'm still more of a Gabe fan. :)


(*Note: I took out Return to Paradise, Freefall, and Personal Demons all from the library, and since the Edmonton libraries are about an hour from my house [in my hometown] and the return date for these books was before my holidays end, I decided I must read them super fast before my holidays after exams officially start. Which is why I was speed reading up a storm this weekend and finished these three before it was even over...so I still had time to study. I also only have English and Comparative Literature left so I just have to read some short stories and read over my notes, my intense Russian test is over already thankfully. :D)
And I might be writing some reviews for these ones soon, but I'm not promising anything yet. :P

Reading Now:
  • One Land, One King by Y.S. Hassan
I'm still reading this one, and I like it so far, it's definitely not a quick read though, so after tomorrow, my last exam (woo hooo!!!), I'm going to pick it up again, but I'm waiting until then. :)


Books I Want to Read This Week:
  • Zombie Blondes by Brian James
So, I didn't get to Zombie Blondes yet, but I'm going to pick it up right away. Finals are almost finished afterall. :D
  • The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
Since exams will be finished this week, I'll have tim for The Mind Readers too. Lori sent me an email asking if I'd read it, and I can't wait to dig into it. :)

So what are you reading?? And why don’t you check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what everyone else is reading. :)


Happy Reading and Do Svidaniya!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D